Feedback on rope swing mechanic

So for the last couple weeks I’ve been making a rope swinging mechanic, its not perfect yet, but I would like some feedback. Please be honest, as I am trying to make it perfect.

Currently there are two levels to test, you can choose levels with the number keys.

Game Link

4 Likes

Hi! I just played the game, and I loved it.
I seriously think this would be one of those games that youtubers play in the background while they talk.

Although, I think you should implement a feature where it kind of flings you a bit in the direction you were going, because some times I was going really fast through the air, then when I let go, I did not really move anywhere and just fell straight down.

Great game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heyo! I love your game, It’s amazing. To be honest I agree with @iloveyoutube4474 YouTubers would play this game while they talk in the background. This game deserves more attention :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve implemented what you wanted, the players velocity will continue for about half a second after cutting the rope. You were right, good idea. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much man, that really means a lot to me. :slight_smile:

I believe in ya, you will eventually get somewhere! Keep up the good work man! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is going to get somewhere! This is really cool!

1 Like

If you ever need someone to build anything, or design cool levels, let me know :slight_smile:
I honestly think that this game could do really well!

You can check my portfolio too,

1 Like

This game concept is hella cool!
Reminds me of the bhop/surf games on ROBLOX which I enormously loved.

1 Like

Really like the mechanic!

However, unrelated to the rope mechanic, my screen got stuck on blur for some reason, I think it may have been that I died while a GUI was still open.

1 Like

Ah, okay, thanks for letting me know. I’ll fix that now.
Edit: Fixed

Also, a feature I think would be nice is having some mechanism to pull yourself closer to where your rope is grappled (kinda like pulling the rope in) that could possibly give you more momentum.

Of course this is your game and I don’t know your complete vision, so just something I thought was cool!

1 Like

This game is pretty hard which I like but I think it would make the game much better if i click the right mouse to cut the rope so you can know when you can cast another rope.