Feedback on Showcase

I built this showcase a while back and wanted to come back to it and improve it. It’s a modern take on the treehouse design. What should I add to it? What can I do to make this showcase better?

Pictures

Inside of the treehouse:

Link to showcase:

Note: the trees were not made by me

2 Likes

Is it a house with a tree zipline? The stairs could be improved as they look unstable. You should add more support to the building (at the back) and make it larger or connecting to a tree and making it a treehouse. For the inside, you should try to use meshes and decals. It’s very basic n plain so more detail is needed.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback.
It’s more of a modern take on a treehouse design. There are strong cables that keep the stairs anchored and are then attached by another cable to trees on opposite ends of the space. I agree with more support in the back. It does look unstable. At the time I didn’t know how to use Blender but I’ve brushed up on the those skills and I will definitely work on making meshes and decals inside.

2 Likes

It looks great so far, however, I don’t think it has that modern feel, it lacks materials and details here is a few suggestions that you could take however you like: Now the Treehouse has a nice structure I do agree that the back of the area needs more support to keep it standing so it doesn’t collapse or break, try placing different materials such as wood or something more appealing.

If you’re going for a detailed tree house, add some materials windows a proper door seating underneath the building or on the side of it, add some lights to the walls a more proper roof could improve it more further, including terrain features like branches flowers, bushes.

Maybe try placing a handle on the door if you already added that I’ll ignore this suggestion, try placing some lights on it because a lot of “Modern buildings” have those small important objects. Checking out this image could possibly give you ideas. Other then that I like it.

2 Likes

Wow, thank you for your suggestions :happy3:
The reference picture helps a lot and I do think more materials would be best. I’ve shied away from materials since I’ve only ever built low-poly stuff and that uses smooth-plastic.

1 Like

It’s okay I guess, it would be better if white color isn’t used, instead it should be light yellow wood.
Also, replace that pastic with wood. Add more details to the cactus. Make the book shelves have a support beneath.(otherwise how are they defying Newton’s Universal Law Of Gravitation xD) Improvise the books also. Same to the table, change it to brown, floor color is kinda unoriginal.
How is the house even still standing ( why are there no pillars beneath the house, o wait I forgot it’s a tree house)

1 Like