Feedback on Song at the beginning of a Story Game

Hey Developers,

Recently I was hired to make a song for the beginning of a Story Game. (The very very intro) and so I did. I need feedback however!

PSA: Listen to the whole thing its not just a loop

4 Likes

Will give it 7/10 considering I prefer Instrumental but it would do better if you actually told what genre the game is.

1 Like

I really like it. Seems like those stereotypical movie beginnings, not that it matters.

1 Like

Although I have next to no experience in music production (I listen to a lot of music though :slight_smile:), I do want to suggest trying to “blend” what I think is the guitar or some sort of chord-like instrument with the other instruments as I do find its sound to be a tad bit harsh and overwhelming.

The overall beat and melody do sound quite nice and very upbeat.

1 Like

Great intro music!
I’d prefer to know what the game genre is though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Isn’t that bad, I like it. Maybe you should make the sounds more “rounded” or “sweet” so it doesn’t seem too much “disturbed” when it’s on a high volume.

1 Like

I recommend trying to equalize the entirety of the song into something less harsh.

1 Like

Just going to say this sounds like something U2 would write and perform. Other then that I think that this would be a lot better of a song to go at the end of a game not the beginning. I think this is the case because it is very loud and fast. It gets you hyped up which you don’t usually want at the beginning of a game.

Why do you assume players don’t want to be hyped up at the starting of the game. Your statement makes no sense.

1 Like

You were creative with this and I like it. Good job :D!
However, I found some issues:

• at 0:03 the deep tones honestly don’t sound good with this. This is repeated more times throughout the song which is good but it doesn’t sound good here, and just here from what I can tell. If it turns out better when pulled out, you should keep it.
  • The song was really boring. The hype started only when over half of the song already passed, at 0:39. What would have made this better is that you should have already put what started at 0:39 to 0:29. It would have made a drastic difference. With this implemented, if you wished to have this song as long as it is, you could also pull it off I believe.

I have high hopes in this song. Keep progressing, you’re not doing bad right now. I’m really looking forward to what this will sound in the end with all the suggestions of other people and me.

1 Like