Feedback on Start Place Wanted

UNexus Studios has started implementing the ideas the community has suggested to make our game better, more appealing, and more playable. We just released V0.0.0.4.3p-a, in which we changed some things around the start place. Both positive and negative feedback wanted, as well as good changes between the old and new start places from comparison.

1. New Thumbnail

2. New Start Place Design

![RobloxScreenShot20190819_080627961|690x388
    (upload://gLOAS4HXwHN0WWDdR4ifjwGVCX1.png)

The weapon giver you can see in the 3rd image had been removed from the game, and you can see that the start place is now covered. We are going to start reworking the portal so the second you touch in you’re teleported, instead of having to walk around to look for the spot. We also shut down the portal so we can work on redesigning the world you teleport into, and make a town/small city in it with NPC’s to help you along. Thanks to everyone who contributed suggestions in the last post for helping make this happen!

1 Like

I would rather a GFX thumbnail.
You also need a high quality picture so it can interest more people.
Try to make the style more special.
Also you can add some torches in that cave so it looks deeper.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, I’ll work with my GFX Designer on it

The thumbnail should be GFX or at least have something more than a screenshot with text.

The cave is too bright, in my opinion I like a cave to be kind of dark and give a real sense of not knowing where you are going to end up.

I’d usually recommend not using morphs as they are an old practice of getting different characters, but I assume this is part of your game so I can’t say much about that.

For the starter morph I’d recommend lining up the button with the terrain, like tilt it a bit.

Also, the character in the starter morph should be lined up with the ground better too.

I would suggest adding more detail to the actual game as it needs to give a good first impression on the players. Some things you could add are:

Suggestions

• Support Beams
  • Rocks
  • Some more detailed torches
  • Maybe a pickaxe on the ground or a miners helmet
  • Some wooden planks for players to walk on

You could also play with the lighting and make it more darker to fit the underground theme.

Another thing I can suggest is to make the text on the sign bigger as currently it’s quite small and can be a bit hard to read

It’s a nice start and I wish you good luck on your future projects!