Feedback on this game menu?

Hi - Was wondering if anyone was willing to give me some feedback on this Game Menu I designed and coded?

13 Likes

Maybe add in some credits and more colors. It is mainly black and white right now. Assuming the background is supposed to be space, maybe add in planets and colored stars?

1 Like

Really great work! Your game menu looks awesome!

2 Likes

Awesome concept, if the quality of the game’s guis will follow this sort of shape and pattern, I recommend working out a colour scheme for your UIs.

A colour that either matches or contrasts with the “Play” button would be good, my only recommendation would be to turn off transparency for the “Play” button so the writing is clearer. (White text backed by white stars isn’t great).

2 Likes

This design looks, really nice like how you made a different shape for the play button i would suggest you add. Different colors in the background and make! the “Play Button” a little more brighter.

I would add a settings button and a store in the menu, you really done a great job on your menu so far i would also. Add a lighter text!!

This should be in the #development-support:design-support category

Keep up the good work.

1 Like

It looks really nice. I’m impressed with the UI. Now I will tell you the negative and positive parts of the UI.

Positive

• Animations look really nice

Negative

• Can you try the increase the quality of the background?

• I think button would look better if it was not semi-transparent.

1 Like

I respectfully disagree. The monochromatic nature of the UI emphasises the play button and makes the entire thing appear more otherworldly and sci-fi-esque. A better colour could be worked out though.

The only improvement I would suggest is making the PLAY button less transparent, and working out a better font for it. The title font is good; the play button, less so. I would say that it’s the thin nature of it and the way the letters aren’t properly joined together.

Otherwise, great UI and I think it’s extremely creative.

3 Likes

Looks really good! I am more interested in how you made that back ground lol! Great work! Can’t wait to see the amazing game.

1 Like

I love it. I like the background as well. Very good. :+1:

10/07/2019 - UPDATE

I’ve removed the Play option and replaced it with a follow up screen.

Good, but the follow up screen has a bit of a wonky camera. Try using tween service to clean that up a bit.

1 Like

It already uses tween service from Point A - B.
It’s intentionally wonky.

Sweet. Then it would be good to go :slight_smile:

Really great work!
Here are some things I would add

• Credits

• The Play button should be less transparent.

• Add some music

Otherwise I think this is great!

Wrong subforum. #development-support:art-design-support is the most appropriate one for your post.

I think your game menu looks great. I love the use of background, reveal transition, and overall look.

But I’ve noticed that while the “Play” button tweens in, it just appears. I recommend you use a fade transition as it zooms into focus.

1 Like