Feedback on this showcase

This is my first showcase im more used to building houses furniture, models etc but not anything like complete environments or areas with full detail in total this took around 2 months and the main house on the island is the only one you can enter. tell me what you think i can improve on as im planning to start development on a new showcase soon.

Here are some pictures

also the game link if you want to check it out

9 Likes

I do like what you have made. I like the atmosphere in the house, and those little details add a nice little touch to the overall feeling, making it look even better!

2 Likes

I have to say the buildings actually look really good and they have a high amount of detail but if you’re looking to improve somewhere then I’d start with maybe adding a bit more detail to the environment as for now it kind of seems a bit plain and could use with a little more. For example, maybe add some differentiated flowers and give it a bit more of an exotic kind of feel. Also for the last picture of the house that you’d added you can see the hill cutting off the skybox and it kind of just looks weird though I’m not going to judge that too much as I’m sure you’ll most likely extend the map or something, overall I’m loving the current feel of the houses in particular they look amazing, good luck with your project.

2 Likes

I can say this swamp showcase, you have created looks really amazing. I like the details and the swamp vegetation plants you added! In the water and around the environment i think it, well look more better with other details you plan on adding. To the swamp and around the map itself however i feel like you should add some swamp biomes, weeds, shrubs, stumps, fern with pod, dead branches, rocks, ect. As that’s most need around these kind of, environments you could try adding a couple of more vegetation around! The swamp and around the map so it could be filled, with the details it’s suppose to have. However i see you added a wooden boat which adds, a great addition to your showcase i feel like you. Should implement some swamp plants inside, the water so it could look like the real life ones, as the one in real life which is! Called ( Atchafalaya Swamp) the largest swamp in the south. You would mostly see these kind of vegetation, in the swamp and some around the land part but just. Try adding some details around the map so! It could look like a full done showcase, that has all the different plants and details that’s suppose, to be around these kind of swamps i would just. Add some moss, swamp trees, canopy moss, wetlands, plants, flowers, Sedges, and other different kind of swamp plants i see you added small lily pads around.

The area as you would see those kind of plants around different places in swamps, lakes, ponds, ect. However you don’t have to go overboard with, the details i listed above those are just some you could try adding! In the swamp so it could look like a real life swamps, with the final features added to it however i feel. Like you should add some outside house lights! And little fireflies flying around the, swamp and around different areas try doing. Something like that i know it will look more better if you implement that into your showcase overall in different places, you can see these kind of bugs fly. Around the swamp at night so if you plan on doing that i know it will add a great addition to your swamp! Showcase overall i think you have done, a decent job on your showcase so far i really like, it and i know with other details added to it i know it will look! A lot more better. And improved as well try adding other features of plants in the swamp to give it more decorations.

Anyways, i think you have a impressive piece here i believe you have done a amazing job. Making this swamp showcase that took 2 months, i know you put in some time and effort into making this showcase look more improved! And add different kind of details, decorations, plants, and others around the map so it could. Match that swamp feel to it know it’s time to add a couple of more, details around the swamp area only if you want it to be! Filled with a bunch of plants i highly suggest you try adding the. Swamp vegetation in the water i gave you, some above that will help you improve your project. I know with the final details you add to your showcase it will stand out a lot more however try adding some! mushrooms, reed, vines, weeds, moss, lanterns, fishing rods, ect. I would try adding some rocks in the swamp with some green moss/algae all over it because. The swamp is all green and dirty and then i, would add some trees with some “Canopy Moss” on the tree leaves and! On different branches i know there is a lot more things you got, to add to the showcase soon hope to see, the final update of the swamp project. Overall those are some i’ll add to your showcase great job on your showcase.

1 Like

I really like the buildings/houses that were made. The interior and exterior of the house looks amazing. But i have to agree with alchxmicals. You should focus more on the outside environment. Some spots just seem plain to me. One thing I don’t like is how the map just ends. Maybe you can add more to it and improve upon it. And some houses didn’t have an interior. So maybe you can work on a interior for the other houses as well. But overall, I really like this showcase. Add a few more things and show your amazing building skills :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for such in depth feedback you’ve given me many good examples and new idea’s that i could draw from that will help me improve this showcase.

1 Like

Only suggestion I can give that wasn’t given before is; tone down the fog a bit? Other then that it’s really nice!

1 Like