Feedback on UI design

Hey everyone, what do you guys think of this welcome and time UI? Feel free to also give suggestions on what you feel I should add. (Please note that I am not nearly done)

Place Link: Project - Roblox

9 Likes

The UI overall looks good as of right now, although I do think you should shorten the sides of the UI where the time is presented as the size of the text isn’t that big.

1 Like

When I make UI, I always add some sort of animation to buttons for visual responsiveness, so I’d recommenced toying with hover / click animations, even as simple as color changing.

I think the fact that the continue button is visible with no indication that it is disabled whilst the game is loading is confusing. Either remove the button until loading is complete or make it so there is a clear difference between when the button is enabled and disabled.

Other then that, looks good to me.

1 Like

Yeah, about to push the change where loading button looks faded until loading completes.

1 Like

What “security checks” are you running? I can’t really think of any reason why you’d need that line.

This is entirely up to you, but sometimes not having a button is best. I personally have had experiences where having an unnecessary button to press is tedious and a little annoying. You also might want to look into minimizing the wait. It looks like you’ve developed the UI for mobile users and they typically have a very short attention span before they get a lil impatient. Nonetheless, it looks really clean and tied together. Good work!

1 Like

The design is simple and clean, I like it. I can’t suggest much as it’s pretty bare-bones, but it’s a good start.

I think the UI design is great! However, you could add some blue fading / shadow effect - or any other colour for that matter - to decrease the simplicity. On the first GUI, you could add a tween effect to add that higher aesthetic look. However, this is completely up to you. I hope the end product looks great. :smiley:

Good use of colour palette.
Although I think that is a bit bland if I’ll be honest with you? Maybe you could go an extra mile with using tweens which I’m sure you would do in the end. Additionally, you can make the button to be highlighted on mouse hover.
Lastly, I think you should make those Tips pop up in an animation type of style.

Scrapped the button, if it didn’t let you click until it is loaded there isn’t any point

Looks nice. However, there isn’t any point for making the thing on top its own frame. I would conjoin the two frames, so that it looks more unified.

Requested by topic creator.