Feedback on UI menu buttons

Information

I have recently created a mockup of a UI style that I am trying to create later on and I would like to get some feedback on it, ignore the background, it is a random image of a game I found to give an idea of what type of background I am going for. Some of the issues that I am aware of are…

• Shadows are ‘off’
  • Slightly plain
  • Could choose a better font

Looking forward to reading your replies!

Media

8 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s pretty good. I don’t really see anything wrong about it. Although, I’m no professional UI designer, or whatever you’d call it, so I’m not one to really judge it.

6 Likes

I think it would look better if the text sizes are more consistent. Overall I think it is really good.

3 Likes

I really like that design : )
The font style fits very well

3 Likes

This is my only criticism as well. I really like the aesthetic you’ve created from your use colour, shadows and font. The only other thing I can think of is the Q in Quit seems a bit out of place when compared to the other text. Apart from that, it looks great. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

I think that UI actually does look pretty good! There are a couple of things I could think of suggesting though, but it’s up to you if you want to consider them!

I personally think that the UI would look a lot more detailed if you added a rocky/rough texture onto the UI. It would give it more of a “creative feeling” if you know what I mean.

(Here is an example of what I’m talking about)

The font actually looks fine! I would just recommend adding a bigger font featuring the title of the game on the top of all the UI, following the same style.

Other than that, the shadows on the font look really good! I would just add some drop shadow outside the frame to give it more of a 3D look, and maybe try adding a cool-coloured colour correction effect for the blurred background!

Anyways, I hope you find these suggestions useful for your game’s UI!

2 Likes