Realistic Rain Almost
This is a small project I made to get rid of the annoying problem of rain and snow particles clipping through parts and terrain. This is a license-free and open-source project so do with it as you wish!
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Namespace#2887.
Current Version QA - CLOSED
Realistic Rain v1.1 was given an average rating of 6.5.
If you want, you can DM me with a problem and I will try to fix it.
Current Version - 1.1 Patch 1 (v1.1p1)
This is the official version of Realistic Rain. The previous version was a prototype.
Fixed an issue where you would get teleported into seats if the rain parts touched them. Please be sure you update your version.
• Rain particles no longer strictly follow the player. This was causing an issue where when the player turned the rain instantly faced that direction
• Fixed a typo that I hope nobody noticed
• New rain particles
• Rain sounds
• Thunder sounds
• Splash particles
• A configuration module
The new lightning bolt will appear a random amount of seconds after the thunder sound. However, it will not spawn unless there is a clear path to the ground with nothing in the way.
Thanks to @NeuWinter ( Profile - Roblox) for the examples below.
You can edit the place here. Everything is located in StarterGui.
Realistic Rain 1.1.0 - Roblox
Sorry for the delay
Previous Version - 1.0
• Fully open-source
• Fully runs on the client
• Latest Raycasting & RunService technology (once Roblox releases the new RunService functions)
• Works with water above the player
• <100 lines of code
• Code is well commented, clean, and organized
• Doesn’t work when the user swims in water
- This can easily be fixed by checking if the player is swimming but I did not implement it so feel free to implement it yourself if you would like.
If you are going to edit, please take a look at these notes first.
Expand to View
The main script is located here
Is located here
You can edit how high the rain appears above the player’s head by changing this value
You can edit how high the raycast will check for objects here
Once Roblox relases it, you should change
There is more to come to this project soon with v1.2
Please reply with any feedback, suggestions, comments, bugs, or concerns. Or you can DM me on Discord.