Feedback on Sword Meshes!

Hello!
I have been working on these swords for some time now. The software I used to take screenshots made the edges of the meshes look a little fuzzy. I have a few questions for you!

• How much do you think each sword would cost?
  • Would you buy this sword?
  • What could I do better next time?
  • Is their a software other than Blender that I could use?

Summary

On sale right now! https://devforum.roblox.com/t/for-sale-swords/393516

Thank you for your time!

-PawsomeDev

14 Likes

The swords look really nice! I would only buy it if it fits the theme of the game though. I would sell each one between 100 - 400. Nice work!

1 Like

Are you sure 400? I was thinking a lot higher maybe 2.5k? I don’t really know. I am kind of new to the forums and I saw someone selling something similar for 10k robux.

I think the ones with textures could easily go for 1k+.

1 Like

There is only one without textures. Are you referring to the 4th one?

1 Like

Thank you for editing! Now I understand!

1 Like

These look great! The character you put into the swords make each model look entirely unique. All I ask is that you provide more than one shot of each :slight_smile:

I especially love the gnarled look of the handle here. This sword looks like it was previously a chew toy haha.

For this sword, the shading looks kind of off - I’d need to see the topography to ensure it’s not intentional though. I really like the curl you added in too.

I love the character you added to this one, and I’m curious why you decided to use smooth shading verses flat shading for this particular sword.

Please refrain from making price estimates that are wildly inaccurate (I’ve seen you making price estimates like this before and just haven’t said anything). If you aren’t buying them, say nothing about the cost. Estimates like this are useless at best, and offensive at worst. There’s no way in hell these swords - or anything made of reasonable quality - is worth $0.35-1.40.

Stop it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! How much do you think these could sell for?

It’s really difficult to estimate prices for someone else’s assets, so instead I recommend thinking to yourself how much work you put into their design, how long they took, and then doubling whatever number you came up with because artists notoriously undervalue our work.

Obviously the price can also change wildly depending on if you’re selling the exclusive rights to them or selling copies to multiple buyers. There’s pros and cons to each as well that I’m hardly qualified to answer.

2 Likes

that sounds mildly oversaid. im new to the dev forum, I can learn from mistakes

• Like @Aotrou said it’s difficult to place a market value on someone else’s work, but I could totally see any studio worth their salt to be paying upwards of 10k per textured asset.
  • I would totally buy these swords! The immaculate detail and quality of these swords are insane, especially with how primitive Blender’s texture painting workflow is. I could see these assets being used outside of Roblox, they really do carry that quality!
  • If you’re planning on marketing these to the asset marketplace, make sure to render them with a nice lighting setup. People love shiny things, so rendering your finished product is never a bad idea!
  • If you haven’t already done so, look into investing in a software like Substance Painter. This will greatly enhance your texturing workflow (but it can get pricey to buy).

I really love what you have going on here, and I could totally see these being an easy sell on the marketplace!

2 Likes

These look amazing! I love the different styles you used for all of them and the textures look perfect!

An alternative software some folks use to 3D Model is “Maya” it’s a fairly expensive application, but if you’re in college or have a school e-mail and look up “Maya for students” (I think) you should be able to get a huge discount on it/for free!

1 Like

Okay I will check that software out. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

The way it looks is perfect! But it needs some more color!

Note that the educational version of Maya is strictly for learning purposes only, without permission to monetize anything created within the program until the full version is purchased.

Can you clarify which sword(s)?

These look a little… Choppy. 1K+ sounds a bit good.

Okay I will fix them up.

30char

What @Aotrou has to say is greatly true about the prices being underestimated on actual good quality work, don’t say anything if you don’t have a clue about the pricing of this type of quality of work. The work shown here could be in a ballpark of 50-100 dollars or more just taking a rough look at them. Please don’t judge prices if you have no clue what they are really worth @VegetationBush

1 Like

Thanks! Are you interested in buying? They are on sale right now.