Find and Replace Part Materials Plugin

:twisted_rightwards_arrows: Find and replace, but for materials!

Get it on Roblox

Find/Replace Materials makes swapping out materials easy, using a simple find+replace-like dialog.

[!!!] Important
This plugin does not support Material Variants or Terrain.

Screenshots

Toolbar Buttons

Icon Name Function
FindReplacePluginIcon Find/Replace Materials Toggles the main plugin window
FindReplacePluginIconAuto Repeat Last Repeats the last action for the current selection. If nothing is selected, it will apply the last action to the entire Workspace.
21 Likes

This looks really helpful! I will be using this!

2 Likes

Pretty simple and cool looking plugin that is just what I was looking for at this time :+1:

Tested with my mech build to revert metal to plastic for a more classic Roblox style destruction system using surface stud textures.

Just a small problem so far during play testing where the UI isn’t fully offscreen. UI testing I presume?

1 Like

Good catch! I’ll get that sorted. It’s due to the fact that it’s using a CoreGui and is not ignoring the inset from the topbar. I’ll get that sorted asap!

1 Like

This should now be fixed. v0.0.2 now ignores the topbar inset when in playtesting.

1 Like

This looks amazing,
Can’t wait to start using this!

A couple days ago I had to replace a ton of houses colors & textures one by one,
This would’ve saved a LOT of time :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think I will not use it, because I’m not a builder.
But the UI looks so good, it’s so clean! Great job!

1 Like

@Obiectum definitely! I built this plugin as I’m currently working on a game where I am constantly having to switch Plastic to Smooth Plastic, so now it’s as simple as clicking the “Repeat Last” button to change all Plastic parts to Smooth Plastic!

@Xsticcy thanks so much. I tried to tie the design in with the website as best as possible, with some Material Design influences, but I’m new to implementing animations in Roact, which @Reselim’s Flipper library came in super handy for. It’s not 100% as I wanted it, but it works as a plugin, which is the main point :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Not bad!
However, one thing I would change is maybe let people use custom materials!

2 Likes

Unfortunately this plugin is for switching between the built-in materials. This would be a great idea for a separate plugin which would allow users to create “presets,” however!

2 Likes

Version 0.0.3

It’s been just over a year since I released this plugin. This is just a small patch to improve the functionality of the plugin, but a good one!

What’s Changed

• The material list dropdown is now guaranteed to be ordered alphabetically. This should make finding the right material a bit easier!
  • The plugin will no longer show materials that are exclusive to terrain (requires the MaterialService beta*). This means you won’t see materials that can’t be applied to parts, like “Air” or “Cracked Lava,” in the dropdown anymore.
    • Note: If you do not have the MaterialService beta enabled, you will still be shown all materials, regardless of whether it can be used on parts.
    • If Roblox adds new part materials, the list will be automatically updated. No need to update your plugin.
1 Like