Five 'must-have'/very helpful/time-saving plug-ins for builders

Hello :slight_smile: This post will cover five very useful, time-saving plug-ins that are relatively easy to use on Roblox studio.

The five plug-ins and their uses:

1. 3D Text 2

d9919c5ed54c59350917905f4594d216

ThreeDText 2 - an easy, and very effective plug-in to use, ThreeDText 2 creates 3D text using mesh parts. The plug-in also supports multiple languages, as well as number characters.

Devforum post about the ThreeDText 2, including a tutotrial : ThreeDText 2 Plugin: Create Text With MeshParts!

Link: ThreeDText 2 - Roblox

1. Archimedes

a7f57f062a6985921edbd5108541e025
Archimedes Two is an extremely effective, time-saving plug-in that allows you to make arcs, slopes, circles by selecting a part (or model) and selecting one of the six axes and the angle in which to copy the part/model. You can also invert/flip the axes.

Link: Archimedes (v3.1.7) - Roblox

1. Part Picker

f2eb3f9129d374123382da166a1e3608
Part Picker is another brilliant, easy to use and time-saving plug-in that allows filter parts in your game of specific properties. You can select several properties to filter from at once. Once you have finished selecting which properties you want to be filtered, click ‘Run filter’ and the parts will be selected.

Link: PartPicker - Roblox

1. Part to Terrain

Part to terrain is a great plug-in, especially for those making large maps and in general terrain design. Part to terrain allows you to (you guessed it) change parts from parts to terrain. Simply select the part while the plug-in is active, and select what kind of terrain you want to change the part too.

Part to terrain also allows you do delete terrain by selecting a part(s) and deleting whatever terrain which protrudes inside the part(s).

Link: https://www.roblox.com/library/261634767/Part-to-Terrain

1. Brushtool

7855c1ec9af64560bf2513e15a8cc799

Brushtool, one of the four self-explanatory plug-ins, Brushtool allows you to choose your models/several pre-made models already loaded into the plug-in, to easily clone them around your map. A variety of settings allow you to adjust the number of models cloned in an area, among other things.

Link: Brushtool 2.1 - Roblox

My apologies for the formatting if it’s hard too read, I tried uploading videos for each plug-in but they were not uploading. There are Youtube videos available for some of them but I didn’t want to link any (in-case any of the videos contained profanity etc.,)

All of the plug-ins above are easy to use and saves a lot of time! Hope this post helped: slight_smile:

10 Likes

This is useful, I’m sure people will be pleased. Good list!

Personally I don’t use any plugins since I am paranoid that one day they’ll have something in them that messes with my game.

Highly recommended substituting Kinq’s for this as kinq’s uses unions which is terrible for performance whereas @XAXA’s uses mesh parts, the UI is more user friendly as well.

2 Likes

Good write up. After 1 year and at least 25 plugin installations I actually have 4 of these permanently installed. Part to Terrain has been a miracle worker for building new and reshaping existing terrain.

Mine also supports numbers, symbols, and even a lot of foreign characters :^)

Here’s a link to the devforum thread for this plugin: (Plugin) ThreeDText 2: Create Text With MeshParts!

Yep, yours definitely seems better! I’ll update the post. Thank you for making such a good plug-in as well :slight_smile:

I’ve used all these plug-ins a lot, particularly Archimedes, Part Picker and Part to terrain and I’ve had no problems with them :slight_smile: