Fix the roblox group search system

There’s been an issue with the roblox group search system for a long time, but no one has seem to say anything about it. Although many have been thinking about it, and have been annoyed about this issue. So the current issue with the group search system is that whenever you search for a specific group, 90% of the time it shows a completely different group related to nothing even close to what you searched for. For example I searched up “Era of Terror”, but the results showed groups like “Car crusher official group”, “Official Team Turtle”, or something completely non-related to what I searched up. Most people will say it’s because it has what you searched up in the group description, but yet that’s not the case considering there’s nothing in any of those groups that say “Era of Terror”. I’m getting tired of having to find groups I’m looking for, that shouldn’t be hard to find at all, quite frankly I’m getting tired of it and I know a bunch of others are as well. So here are a few other results that popped up whenever I was trying to find a specific group.

Attempting to search for specific groups

Stuff like that is what I’m talking about, as you can see in these screenshots that mostly every group that popped up as a result had nothing to do with the group I put in the search bar. It shouldn’t be that hard to make a good search filter, at the moment it’s so difficult to find a group that I’d like to join or look around in, why can’t it just be simple like it was a while back. Also one other issue is that if a new player to roblox goes to try and join a group, they search it up, but then there’s no results for their group or it’s 20 pages down, so either they can’t find the group or it’s unnecessarily far down the list of groups presented.

19 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Group search should match whole query before matching individual terms

Please search before posting!