Fog being choppy/glitchy at a certain camera position

When I was playing Deathrun and Natural Disaster Survival earlier today, I noticed the old and normal fog system in place that we have currently for games, and when I played other games such as

Not really a descriptive description of the bug, but the distance of it stays at a normal at first but when you move it to a different position, the fog level gets farther from the character and on the screen.

The bug happened to be in Deathrun and Natural Disaster Survival with the fog system that is still here to this day, it could be in other Roblox games as I haven’t played them yet.

It started happening to me a couple of days ago and now today just before I was going to write this topic.

Video:

Pictures:

Before:

After:
Annotation 2020-07-10 175603

NOTE: Can reproduce sometimes but not all the time and it happens to games that have the normal fog engine inside studio and not Atmosphere.

System: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300HM CPU @ 2.40GHz

2 Likes

It could just be a problem with those games. I think the fog has always been like that in Natural Disaster Survival, and Deathrun could have some kind of broken fog system. I’ve never had a problem with fog in normal Studio, so it could just be those games. Also, I don’t really notice a difference in your Before and After pictures.

It did happen to other games but they all use the same fog system as well, I don’t think Deathrun has a broken fog system as it uses the same as NDS.

In the before, you can see how the fog was closer to the character/screen, and in the after picture, you can see it gets farther when you are in a different camera position.

1 Like

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

2 Likes

After going into the games I’ve listed above for the choppiness, it seems like they’re not showing up at a variety of camera positions and angles, and the fog I expect when I move around, so resolved.

1 Like

Perfect. Thanks for the info. If this issue begins to occur again, dont hesitate to file another bug.

2 Likes