Follow camera type broken?

Hello everyone!
I’ve had a very simple script in my game that has worked the whole time until now.
What it would do is you press a textbutton and it would change the cameratype to “Follow” and another button would change it back to “Custom”. I chose the cameratype Follow because what it used to do is allow you to look through parts, but not anymore. Now it switches to the follow type, and I can see that it does, but now the camera is colliding with parts, I’m seeing roblox has updated this to add this. What other way can I use now to achieve the same thing?

1 Like

I believe what you’ll need to do to achieve this effect is to fetch the camera’s position on a loop, and then fire a remote once you’ve checked the position on the client AND server (in case the client is using a script which exploits the position). Once you’re on the server, make sure to make the parts transparency to something like 0.5 or 0 if the camera is no longer in a part.

I’ll link a page here so that you can check out the actual page for the camera, be sure to check it out.

1 Like

I do want the parts the stay at the current transparency level, which may be 0 in some cases. And I also want the player to zoom in and out, will using this method make this possible?

1 Like

Sorry, I thought you wanted to make a camera which was able to look through parts with the use of transparency, as seen in some games.

To make the camera look through parts, you’ll probably need to make a custom camera controller, which isn’t too hard and can be quite useful. I’d also recommend not using the follow camera, as using it to look through parts and stuff is a bit of a hacky solution, and may end up breaking on you in the future.

1 Like

Ok, thanks, I’ll do some research on a custom camera controller, and yes, It has already broken various camera systems apart from mine, like tools as I have been reported.
Thanks for your help!

1 Like