[FR/EN] Translator For Hire

Introduction

Hello developers! I’m Rak, a developer from Quebec and I’m currently looking for a job as a translator.

French is my native language, so I’ve been reading, speaking and writing in French for a long time. I learned English in school as many others in Quebec, since it’s the only secondary language course available in our schools.

Why should you hire me?

Well, French is my primary language and I think that’s something that gives me a head start over other translators. It’s now been 14 years that I write, read and speak in English and I’ve been doing all these things in French for my whole life (19 years), so translating from one language to another is not a problem for me at all.

I’m also really efficient in my work, so your translated text will be delivered pretty quickly, it could even be done in one day if you ask me to do it on weekends.

I’m also up to translate games that are story driven, as an RPG game, it would be a nice challenge and I would be up for it.

Payment

Translating from French to English/From English to French

• R$ 15 per word (After tax)

You can either give me the texts in a word file or I can add them directly to the localization table, it’s up to you to decide which method you prefer.

Contact information

• Discord: rak553#2840
  • Developer Forum: You can send me a DM to discuss the formalities of our agreement.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reply to this thread, since some answers to your questions could be useful to others.

2 Likes

15 R$ per word? If I was you, I’d want to get paid for the whole package. People need full games translated, not just a word. For a word they can just open google translate.

1 Like

You see, google translate is not always 100% Accurate. Ive seen this problem on a game before. And they had to make a whole discord server channel after implementing the change just to correct words.
Its better just to hire a translator.

1 Like

This is the usual price paid for translators.

As NegateError said, google translate is pretty inacurrate for translating a whole game, since some words or expressions might not be exactly translated by google.

Using a translator, like me, is the best way to make sure that your game is understood by everyone playing it in another language.

I get your point of view. I meant like single word like “yes” in French and etc.

Google translate can, believe it or not, mess up one word translations. When you translate pomme de terre it becomes apple of the earth, when it’s suppose to be potato. Also I’m sure 15R$ is just a standard pricing. All you would have to do is multiple the amount of words you wish for by that number.

1 Like