Free Datastore Editor plugin! [21K installs] [OPEN-SOURCE]

UPDATE [ORDERED DATASTORE SUPPORT]

Now the plugin supports ordered datastores!

When you are connecting to a datastore, instead of pressing the ‘Connect’ button, click the ‘Connect (Ordered Data Store)’ button if the datastore is an ordered datastore.

2 Likes

omg i thought AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA omg this plugin is so SO, SO good right now, SO GOOD. SO, SO GOOD. Thanks!

A question though. Are the pages all created like automatically? Cuz, what you should be doing is letting people click to open a new page if not. I can’t test it right now, but that’s just something that you should change, because Ordered Data Store requests are quite expensive to make.

2 Likes

If you add new keys to the ordered ds., and then connect to it again, it should create the pages automatically.

Then I would highly recommend you to add a “go to next page” button. This could actually crash your plugin.

Yep, makes sense, cuz there can be hundreds of things

Yep. Especially if you’re messing with DS2 and such. There’s a LOT of pointers to go through.

On my game on my own key, I have 365 keys… So.

I will do it when I have time for it.

1 Like

Connect to ordered datastore text isn’t scalled.

1 Like

the for help me and other devs keep grow :heart: :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks, I fixed it! It should be scaled now!

Really useful plugin! From what I can see, there are frequent updates making it better and it is easy-to-use. I will definitely be using this in my development!

1 Like

Hey, is there a wait() or something inside the loop that creates the values? It’s kind of slow? And for no reason, since a page is only requested once, you’re getting a page the size of 10 right?

No, I tried to remove every wait() when listing the keys. There isn’t any wait() when listing the keys.
I don’t know why is it slow.

1 Like

Ok, I’m going to look at your code later to see if I can help you.

1 Like

Here’s some stuff.

This “queryValue” function you have, it isn’t doing :GetAsync() on the keys, right?
Well, it does LOOK, like it doesn’t stop the function? i’m kind of confused, plugin code is weird lmao.

Idk, I always put wait() in while loops, but then I will remove it.

If you have any calls inside that have “Async” on their name, or any waits or whatever, you don’t need another wait.

2 Likes

UPDATE

Now it is so much faster to list Ordered Data Stores.
Old method: 1 key/ ~0.1s
New method: 30-60 keys/ ~0.15s

1 Like

Oh that’s great :smile: I wonder what was causing that;

Can we peezlease get a get new page button now OwO :point_right::point_left: