Future Is Bright: Phase 3 - Studio Beta

we will investigate the issue, thank you

78 Likes

Police chase!

Amazing update as always!

258 Likes

Just a quick question.

Will darker/lighter/different shades of shadows be supported at some point?

Currently solid and semi-transparent parts have the exact same shadow, I was thinking, since transparent parts allow more light to pass through, it’d make more sense to give them a lighter shade shadow?

194 Likes

we have that in backlog, so maybe one day

106 Likes

Wooo hooo been waiting for this for a long time, PBR in main studio will make trying to build with it much easier. Looking forward to see games and showcases have it in game now. Hope it’s soon

20 Likes

WOW

74 Likes

Any plans for multi-layered/colored shadows? And I know this is a stretch, but… light shafts?

38 Likes

all we need now is custom pbr textures.

35 Likes
16 Likes

Guys, do you have this?

https://gyazo.com/deba2ab523b91896bcc27956d6385a7b

Kinda related to FIB 3.0; PBR is going to be used with FIB 3.0

25 Likes

That’s part of Avatar Evolution.

15 Likes

It’s not, I’m serious! Check for yourself. If you’re correct, sorry. However, it isn’t avatar evolution.

13 Likes

By colored shadows I mean shining a white light through a green transparent part, for example, would color the shadow, uh… something? Don’t remember

18 Likes

i was hoping that in fib 3 there were going to be light shafts

15 Likes

Ah welp that does not appear to be the case. RIP. But I’m sure you can do that kind of thing manually.

8 Likes

YEEES now roblox will TRULY look real! (it wont because you keep cutting stuff for performance and use processor dependence but its a ton more better than having just shadowmaps so good job anyways have been waiting for a while) also this will look SLICK with PBR so im looking forward to that. :hedgehog:

13 Likes

People were already doing light shafts with Voxel, but a native way to replicate this effect (even if you are creating/positioning the shafts manually) would be very nice!

12 Likes

I hope this beta appears on macOS soon, because I just updated Studio and FiB is conveniently missing from beta features! If you say “macOS support is coming soon, Windows came first” I will kill you.

Turns out this is not a “beta feature” but is just there in Lighting.Technology by default. Well that’s confusing.

12 Likes

Yes I know it’s not the case. That’s why I included it as a suggestion for a future addition. Along with light shafts and transparent shadows in general, which are both not supported at the moment

10 Likes

Wizards are real and they work at Roblox. Time to blow everyone’s PC up by inserting a ton of shadow-casting lights into my game!
also you can’t really see the new lights very well in these screenshots but that’s okay

Thank you guys so much. For real. Roblox actually looks really good now.

97 Likes