Game became EXTREMELY laggy out of nowhere

I haven’t updated my game since december 7th, and I updated it today but while testing I noticed it was extremely laggy. After I updated it, I fixed some loops in localscripts that were using RenderStepped and made them be wait() or wait(0.1) depending on how often they need to activate. I then played it at around 2:50 today and noticed it was still laggy. I have determined that it is client-side, because performancestats says my ping is fine but the memory is very high. Does anyone know ways to fix this?

game:Bubble Blast 2019 - Roblox

Did you put any toolbox models/scripts?

No, I made sure this game was entirely made by me.

I only lag a little bit every time the timer counts down a second.

EDIT: We narrowed it down to a specific map.

the cause of the lag may be a loop in the renderstepped function or the function in itself does a lot of things. Also it would help if you posted the suspect scripts

I used some laggy building methods, so I just had to replace some stuff (trees with a mesh for leaves instead of unions) and it worked just fine.

4 Likes

It still has some slight lag to it may be scripts but to check how the game is running go to view>Script performance and run the game to see how scripts are doing.
or go to view>performance and view>script analysis

I would also use CTL + F1 to see how many instances you are running. I had a problem in one of my games where Instances were accumulating and causing lag.