#game-design-support is being misused for feedback posts/posts unrelated to game design

From the game design support category description:

This is a support category for help on everything related to game design (such as level design, mechanics, game flow/loops, user experience (UX), narrative, or monetization) on the Roblox platform, from extremely basic to even the most technical of issues.

If you’re looking to show off your project and get opinions and feedback, please use #help-and-feedback:cool-creations instead!

Here’s a the top ten posts in #help-and-feedback:game-design-support as of 8:11 PM PST:
(key: red means unrelated posts to game design, yellow means likely asked before, and also please don’t attack the OPs of these posts listed)

#game-design-support is meant for asking about UX, game flow, etc., not for asking for feedback on your projects. I’m kinda tired of seeing these feedback posts. Use #help-and-feedback:cool-creations instead if you want feedback.

5 Likes

Not to mention people actually starting to think game design support is a good way to advertise their game.

2 Likes

This is a very old topic of discussion that has been talked about prolifically for around a year, lol. There has always been a discrepancy between whether feedback should be asked for in Cool Creations or one of the “x Support” sections.

Although I don’t particularly like seeing “Feedback on my GFX/game/build” clutter, feedback threads belong in Cool Creations. Admittedly, there’s not much you can do – these posts tend to die out pretty quickly so flagging them is both useless and straining.

More clarification on what belongs in what section from the mods rather than just established precedents and conventions in Forum Feedback would be cool.