Game Idea Feedback

Is a apocalyptic/horror/fps game, a good idea? I was thinking of a game where you by accident call the wrong number, which ends up spawning evil spirits (zombies, demons, etc.). You must survive with other players and kill the spirits to restore order to the world. The game would be round based. Do you think this is a good idea?

4 Likes

Sounds interesting depends you need the right audience and well im not sure about calling the wrong number bit.

I think it’s a good idea, but as yesman10123 said, you need to think of your target audience, what they play, etc.

Sounds like a good idea in my opinion. Perhaps a little more information, such as what the players can use to escape/defeat the boss.

players would use guns and melee weapons to defeat the spirits.

Okay. Sounds like a nice plan! Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe games like left 4 dead 2 and call of duty zombies fit in that category. I’m not saying you shouldn’t, I’m saying you should because I like those games, but I would also like to see a player’s view in a game similar to that but in roblox…

If you can’t play those games, much like many people on roblox who have small PCs, then it could work to help players who want to see zombie or spirit survival games… I don’t know…

their are many good examples of games almost the same as another game. An example is Arsenal. It is basically the same as Call Of Duty, gun game.

Well arsenal is more based on counter strike or source engine-based games, but it has that thing of mixing many things from different games together to make a game you can’t make anywhere else as freely as in roblox.

By the way, about the guns, it would be different by having more of a progression unlock system. This would make it more unique from games such as Call Of Duty Zombies.

A gun progression system?

So, like, the more time you spend on the game the better the weapon is? It could be good looking, it could be fun, you would need to see when it’s the most fitting time to have such weapon upgrades…

You could make it linear, where the player must go in one solely progression, from worst to best.

Or you could make it multiple, where the player can have many different unlocks in one level. Like, you can choose a grenade launcher or a flamethrower or a laser fire to add to the weapon, but not all of them, just one.

If the weapon upgrading system is based on the player’s total score and not in each match they have, you would be promoting grind over skill. A good player that hasn’t played much will have nothing to win, and will die easily, and an average player that has been on the game for a long time will have everything given to him because he made the grind, maybe even the skill…

yes, also a system where you get guns over time. This will be done from the amount of kills you get each round. (there would be multiple rounds). Since the game would be team based, the efficiency of your team would determine if you get extra credits. (The efficiency of your team would be determined by time, amount of objectives done, and how much the team helped each other (giving each other med kits, ammo boxes, if you saved anyone from dying (revival), etc.)

Ok, that seems fair.

I’m going to be honest with you, you should give the noob players a chance to be able to do something. If they get bad scores or bad efficiency because they’re noobs and you punish them for being noobs, then the noobs will feel useless in the game and will go to something else. If the game gave the noobs a small boost with something that they can use and enjoy based on their gameplay, you could make them feel useful and want to play more. So, if a player shoots a lot and moves a lot, but has a hard time hitting targets, you could help them with something that doesn’t require a lot of aiming like a flamethrower or a “deodorant and a lighter” so it’s not extremely powerful, unlike the flamethrower. If, on the other hand, the player has a good aiming but is keen to stay in a place a lot, you could give them a sniper rifle or a crossbow.

Try to avoid punishment or lack of rewards for bad (but not lacking) effort. Make noobs have a chance to be victorious, able to have fun, and give pros the tools that can turn their matches into a challenge

Also, give players a reason to use a pistol. Why would someone want to use a pistol over an AK47? fast movement, more precise aiming, high dexterity, but more skill required. Perfect for pros who want a challenge that will make them look like John Wick…

1 Like

About the noob problem, There could be match making (like tf2) there would be a server for noobs in which everything is a lot easier (less zombie health, easier map design (not too many complex spots (Areas where you can easily snipe/camp on, places you can easily get trapped in, etc.)), etc.) In this special server their would only be for example levels below level 15. There would be also tips. But to make it so noobs can’t play with their friends, it wouldn’t be required. To make pros have to truly master the game, they would have to learn about different movement types to try to efficiently move, master their understandings of the maps and so on. To make players give a reason to use say a pistol, some pistols could have less spread than say, an Ak47.

The tf2 matchmaking is made so players are put into matches with fair fights between each other, not together.

If you reference tf2 matchmaking you must also consider that they balance between good players and bad players. In each match there can be 4 or 6 good players and some other 10 that are not that good, both in each side. But your game is about playing together, not against each other. Having a game where a professional player has a reason to defend the newer players without feeling like they’re doing a baby daycare is good, having noobs and pros fight together against a conflict is good, just don’t make the pros depend on the noobs because the noobs might make mistakes and annoy the pros.

Your game should let the noobs play, that’s what we got clear, but your game shouldn’t deny noobs from playing in matches with pros. Unless that the game has a higher skill ceiling in harder matches (harder for the newer ones to play), you shouldn’t deny newer players from playing with someone who can get them safe and capable of letting them last longer in rounds (instead of noobs lasting 2 or 3 matches alone in every match until they get better, have them go with pros so they can last for many more rounds and learn some things from the pros. Being able to see what the pro players do can give the noobs some ideas of what to do, like new strategies or good hiding spots. They’d see the pros in action when they die or when they’re waiting for the round to end, and they’d get some “invisible experience”, experience you can’t give with weapons, but that the player gets from learning)

Also, topic’s surely dead…

it wouldn’t be required for the noob to play in a full noob server. The noob will have an option for a tutorial. Plus the noobs would actually have a chance against the zombies. In pro servers the noob would get dominated, even if a member of the team was helping them. Plus the noob would not have the weapons able to defeat the spirits. The strategies would most likely be useless because most of the times it requires a certain weapon that nobodies don’t have. A spectate mode could help though (since it would help noobies get an understanding of the map and its key points). Plus the noobie could choose what map they want after for example they get past level 1. This way a noobie could understand a certain map more and understand what maps they like and don’t like. And yes… the topic is basically dead. :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

It could definitely work, it’s more-so how well you’d be able to execute this idea, the skillset and connection of your development team.

Why not add a few soundtracks to your game, that would bring players attention. Also try thinking of like a fighting stadium.

My goal for my maps will mainly be terrain with some landmarks, but there will be a few unique maps (underwater, city, maybe a abandoned stadium, etc.).

Good idea, but it’s not going to be beneficial in the long run.
Those genre of games sadly die out and become forgotten about.