Game idea needed!

Hello developer forum!
I am a builder and I am really seeking into making my own game. I was thinking about survival game, then I was thinking about obby game. And now I am so confused I don’t know what to do! I need some original ideas for the game but I really don’t know what!

My question is, what should be the theme of game?
(any themes excluding SCP , Star Wars and military)

I was thinking about creating low poly stuff and put it in game, but let me hear your ideas (P.S. If someone mentiones good idea, I will somehow give that person in credit of game as huge thank you)

Thanks for reading!
If this is in wrong topic please notify me !

SO… MANY… TOPICS!

1 Like

Well that would not be duplicated topic, It is just reqeust because i really need idea for my game which I will finish.

And if I do go read them, maybe topic creator took a lot of ideas from his topic and used it in his/hers own game, and I don’t want to copy other peoples work.

Well if you want to start 100% from scratch, it’ll be very hard. Most developers take ideas from games and make it their own. For example, making a simulator with pets in it.

Think about what YOU like.

Do you like turtles? Then make a game with turtles in it.
Do you like chocolate (if you don’t like it I hate you xd)? Then make a game with chocolate in it.

1 Like

Well that sounds like good plan, but I really need a idea that will be far away from others, a game that will stand out and that will ofcourse be good to people of Roblox! But I will keep your suggestion in mind

What about an adventure themed game? Set in a low poly themed world.

How about mixing them together? Obby-Survival game! It would work like this; there’s a wall of spikes, and you have to get to the end of the Obby before the spikes reach you! There would hopefully be multiple stages so that we’re not on the same course over and over; there would also be a lobby to sit in between courses.

TL;DR: It’s “The CrusheR” but with obbies and going sideways, forward and back instead of down and up.

I would go with a fallout themed game. I’d make a story for it like how it started and how long it has been since it has begun.

1 Like

If you want to make an obby, I suggest making it unique like an obby where you have to stand on the shadows or some idea that stands out in the competition of numerous other obbies already out there.

Right now when you come up with some ideas whether it be a sword fighting game or an obby answer a few of these questions:

1. Is it feasible? Can I create this with my current skill level? I am not saying to not make the game if it’s hard, all games are hard to make, but if someone is just starting out on scripting, and they try to make the next Phantom Forces, they’ll likely give up or take a lot longer than anticipated (like a lot longer). More often than not, the games on the front page take a very long time to develop.
  2. If you were in a Roblox player’s point of view would you play this game?
  3. Would creating this game be fun? If not, then it will be hard staying motivated and focused on developing your game.
  4. What will the players who play your game have to do in order to “beat” the game or get good at it? What’s the end goal or desire?
  5. If you were a random player scrolling through the game page, what makes that player want to click on your game rather than the one next to it?
  6. What is your competition like? Are you the first to make this type of game or are there already other games that are doing well. If your game has a similar idea to your competition you have to think about what your game offers that there’s don’t. You can also play that game and see where they did well on the game as well as their weaknesses. Take those weaknesses and turn them into something great in your game.

All in all, its what you enjoy that you create. It will be much much easier to develop and complete a game that is fun and enjoyable to build. So when you do get an idea for a game start researching, brainstorming, and just jot down everything you think about your ideas.

Here are some very useful resources for creating your game ideas:

There are many more resources and tutorials out there that you can find yourself by just scrolling through the Dev Forum.

If there’s one thing you can take away from this post, there is truly no right or wrong answer for the perfect game idea. The choice is ultimately yours. I hope that when you do find the right game idea that it’ll be magnificent.

For @Anix_Y and developers alike,
@Sb0bster

2 Likes

Obby and survival hmm, that mix of games would be strange but it could work out.

1 Like

Please search before posting.