Game localization

Is your game localized in multiple languages if so which ones. Do you recommend just localizing in Spanish or more. If more what ones did you localize in?

1 Like

My game is translated in Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, German, French, and Dutch! Once you implement one translations, it’s a simple process to add more. As Roblox is rolling out more languages, I would definitely recommend staying ahead of the game and implementing as many of the more popular ones as you can!

Check it out - There even is a in-game language chooser which I use to test translations, but it’s a helpful feature for players too! https://www.roblox.com/games/206640076/Roblox-Deathrun

5 Likes

Thanks my dude.

A side note, what I’d do is, instead of focusing on Spanish or the other larger languages, I’d focus with whatever language you’re best with, other than English. So, for example, I’d focus on translating to Japanese and gradually expanding at my own pace.

Is there a way to see what language the players that play my game use/speak?

1 Like

You can anonymously collect statistics on Player.SystemLocaleId. This is the language of their system. Please make sure that you’re only collecting the SystemLocaleId in a way such that it cannot be traced back to the specific player, since that is a privacy concern.

1 Like

How is it a privacy concern?

The terms of service do not allow you to store that kind of data on users. You can store “how many of my users are in X country” but you can’t store “user Y speaks/lives in country X”.

Can you sell the data you collect? and how would I store it like website?