Game Settings Getting Stuck?

It happens to me a lot too. But it only happens when I change the avatar type and game name at the same time but if I change something else it doesn’t happen and when it freezes I cant even close studio. I need to force my PC to restart.

2 Likes

So I don’t have to fully shutdown or restart it, I can shut it down there?

I had experienced the same problem, too. I can only tell you that you should publish your work before messing with the Game Settings.

Personally, I had to close Studio using the Task Manager, and my game, you could say, was completely corrupted to the point I had to revert the place to a prior version.

I have found out that this occurs only when you change any setting from the “Avatar” section.

2 Likes

Yeah but the whole studio closes

1 Like

I cant shut it down there on my PC but I dont know if other people can.

2 Likes

As far as I know, this is an issue with how the Game Settings window handles HTTP rejections. (I may be wrong about that)
This issue can happen when working with any settings, it isn’t unique to any specific one.
Regardless, this is a duplicate of the following post:

3 Likes

Use task manager and end the task. Also, I don’t think this is the right topic for this post

1 Like

Personally, I had experienced this issue when I changed the avatar type from R15 to R6. Only the result is the same, indeed.

2 Likes

And I noticed when studio freezes and If I move the game settings tab out of the screen there is my character staring at my camera. Its creepy. And it happens when I change the rig type from r15 to R6 and change the name of the game at the same time.

2 Likes

I know, Its been happening to me too, thats why i often save it before anything happens.

2 Likes

yeah, it’s happening to me too but like edvin712 said just close studio in the task manager .

2 Likes

Happens to me to, I just use task manager to close it.

2 Likes

How exactly do you enable task manager? and what is it?

2 Likes

This topic has already been discussed before within the devforums, please use the search tool next time

1 Like

just press ctrl + alt + del (or supr)
and open task manager. select studio and end task

1 Like

just tap your restart button. XD
EZ

1 Like

I recommend you search it up from the search optionimage
There are already many posts about this issue. Yes, it’s a bug and staff members are working to fix it.

The most you can do is wait until you get a recovery file and then do ctrl+shift+esc and Click on End Task after selecting Roblox studio. This will close the studio.

1 Like

This should be moved to #platform-feedback:studio-bugs. Many people (including me) are experiencing this issue.

Whenever this happens I just end studios task. It saves the changes I made in settings.

1 Like

I have the same problem but it does not happen every time I change the settings.

1 Like

Yeah, the same issue happens to me as well when I am unable to close game settings and have to use the task manager to close Roblox studio and open it again pretty annoying, not gonna lie

1 Like