Game settings options screen can freeze/softlock studio

This has happened to me all the time. Not a single time I can remember it didn’t freeze. An easy way to get out of it without shutting down your PC is just to use task manager if autosaves frequently. Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Select Task Manager, Right Click Studio, Click End Task

3 Likes

This also occurs for me when really doing anything in Game Settings. It’s so annoying.
I always have to kill the task.

3 Likes

It also happens to me. But its because the wrote nil instead of the number or something like that as it says in the output. I think it will be fixed soon. For now before opening game settings save your game so you wont lose progress.

3 Likes

I think I found a temporary fix… If you turn on your team create then it won’t freeze somehow. I recommend you you to turn it on and then try maybe?

3 Likes

Ok I will try however I used to have team create but it still wouldn’t work, despite this I will still try since this is a serious problem.

It is happening to me with every category and I’m pretty sure the save button is what is causing it. It only freezes for me once I save my settings.

Unfortunately, I’m having the same issue.

4 Likes

I have had this issue aswell! This makes me not be able to turn up HTTP Requests, which I need for my projects. The Only way I can get out of this is by hard rebooting my computer.

This has been happening to me as well. I noticed that it ONLY happens when I open the Avatar tab and it creates the clone of my character in workspace.

1 Like

Yes that happens to me too. Idk what this is.

That’s normal when dealing with Avatar settings, it’s to show what happens with the character when you edit with the settings.

1 Like

When removing people from my Team Create I managed to accidentally replicate this issue after pressing Save. Oddly enough, I was still able to switch tabs to “Basic Info” and scroll in the section however attempting to exit or switch tabs to the remaining options does nothing. Issue needs to be fixed ASAP, if a Developer opens this and changes something they could potentially lose hours of progress as the only thing you can do is open Task Manager to force it to close.

3 Likes

I have had this as well, but I also know the solution. I alt+f4’ed my tab of roblox studio, and reopened it. The setting got turned on, its just sometimes it lags the application for some reason when you click that button.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Feedback - Replying to Bug Reports

Since this is a Lua widget it seems inevitable that occasionally things will break. This soft lock also happens if you have an internet outage while using the widget.

Until it is well known that this widget cannot run into an error that cripples it entirely, it should absolutely not prevent user attempts to exit while blocking input into Studio behind it.

If possible, it should simply not block input into Studio at all. If setting values reported in the widget become stale due to users messing around behind it, oh well. Otherwise a method for unobstructively informing people before they exit without saving is a far safer idea.

4 Likes

It doesn’t happen for security options only, its happening for all of it this info may help

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Feedback - Replying to Bug Reports

If you see the ‘character’ in front of the camera in the game while having Game Settings over, supposedly this is their new way of helping you set Avatar scale limitations by visually showing you it. You can apparently set the max or min height of the characters Height, Width, Depth, Ratio, etc.

I’ve also experienced this ‘freezing studio’ issue where the Game Settings window just goes unresponsive. I’ve always seem to seen it happen if I was to ever click the ‘Avatar’ tab and edit a different setting in a different tab that I click save and it locks up.

2 Likes

Interesting, weird how they would have it behind the window when you normally wouldn’t even see it

1 Like

Well I’m sure they may of intended you to drag the window to the side and to view this character on the side.

No idea otherwise, but it sure is annoying having to open task manager to force close studio just because Roblox Studio doesn’t bother force closing a window after asking it to close for over 20 times.

Oh well.

1 Like