Game sponsorship

Explanation

I’m currently running a sponsorship on one of my games and when I went to check the statistics, in 30 minutes I’ve had 0 impressions and 0 clicks. Is this an issue on my end where it’s not showing the correct number of impressions and clicks or is something else wrong?

https://gyazo.com/0a8f95ed74feebcda42a4922edd0cd3f

(I would post this in #platform-feedback:website-features but it’s currently unobtainable as promotions to regular have been suspended)

Any help would be appreciated

1 Like

1k Robux is not a lot. You should use more money.

1 Like

This may be an issue with Roblox’s new sponsor system. At the moment sponsors are the worst choice of advertisment:

So it’s either that it’s a fault on Roblox’s end (which isn’t likely) or it’s due to it being worthless at the moment.

2 Likes

1k may not be alot, but for 0 impressions that can’t be right.

3 Likes

Of course, games with more money appear in better places in comparison to yours, this is fair.

1 Like

The post by @Mystifine shows that this isn’t even the case.

Even with 10k the person only received 3 people.

1 Like

I saw it too. But the money you’re spending makes it even worse. Also, Roblox is a platform with most users being under the age of 13, which means there are less people checking your sponsor.

The fact that it’s worthless at the moment is directly caused by roblox, so saying it “isn’t likely” is just incorrect as they control how the ads work.

1 Like

Yeah I’m pretty sure 0 impressions cannot be right, I’m unsure about the clicks though. As said In a previous topic like this, the first 4 categories on front page do not show sponsors. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

It’s caused by Roblox but it’s partially your fault as well for the type of game and type of advertisement. When I say Roblox’s fault I meant the sponsors completely stop functioning, however, currently it looks like it’s due to your ad and the amount you’ve spent. Roblox has introduced gender and age targeting making military ads not very good.

While I’m not sure how Roblox determines how to display advertisements, I’m confident to say at least half the platform are 12 or under meaning you’ve probably lost half of your audience and especially because of how worthless sponsors are, you’re getting a even lower amount. Now if Roblox decided to display the ad only to 13+ boys then, you’ve basically lost 80% of the platform.

EDIT: Also, it’s possible that the statistics are broken and your ad is actually being shown to multiple people.

It isn’t right at all, you can get 2k impressions with less than 20 robux.

2 Likes

Well as my target audience is male PC users over 13+ I’m fine with losing “80%” of the platform.

13+ males are likely to join the group + buy gamepasses + have discord.
^^ the perfect audience for my group.

1 Like

That’s assuming every single 13+ male is interested in military role-play and bother spending Robux (which really isn’t the case). Anyway, it’s possible that the statistics are just displaying incorrect values, try waiting a bit longer and see if there are any changes. It shouldn’t really be sitting at an absolute 0.

Just an update, it’s been 4 hours and still no impressions, nothing’s changed

https://gyazo.com/ed96cda420c887773417382d9dc702c8

2 Likes

This is definitely an actual problem at this point, there should be at least some impressions.

And to respond to this…

@FlipGalaxy has done everything right. Based on their game, they have targeted exactly the right age group and gender considering what tools Roblox advertising has now. When you say they “miss out” on audience, that’s just false. They are getting the same amount of audience, it’s just that their audience is in the age and gender group that is more likely to play this specific game - meaning they get the same big audience, just with more people who are interested in the ad. Ads aren’t about how many people see them, it’s about how many people are interested in them. And narrowing down that interest group saves money and is more successful.

1 Like

@Mystifine

https://gyazo.com/7677f3b0711eae12f20d898ef85eff2d

It’s been 18~ hours and still nothing, so this obviously is an issue on Roblox’s end.

i just paid 10 robux for a sponsorship (to test (worked)) and i got something about 100 clicks :thinking:

Very odd, 21 hours into mine and both still show nothing.

You can’t say that without proof and it’s not logical either. There are only so many active players on Roblox, not every single one meets the requirements of being exposed to the ad. Before, ads would be displayed to whoever is on the website (active users) meaning anyone, any age, any gender is exposed to the ad. With ad targeting, this doesn’t mean you’ll get the same amount of exposure, it will depend on your ad and how large your audience is on the platform. You do miss out on the audience that aren’t relevant, however, you should receive the same amount of impressions as another ad with the same funding (because your ad is most likely shown to the same people several times due to limits). Ad targeting is meant to effectively target ads to those who are more likely to play your game or purchase your product, but this will also decrease your unique audience if your general audience size is small, if your audience size is large than it’d be as effective as possible. You should be asking how doesn’t it “miss out” on specific audiences, it’s ad TARGETING, it’s going to target SPECIFIC users meaning you WILL lose an audience.

You should contact Roblox support regarding the issue (although Roblox support is unreliable). It’s also possible that your statistics are glitched but the ad is running normally. Best thing to do is seek help from Roblox.