Game versioning completely bugged on Web; editing a place sends me to the start place

Minor Headnote
There are two problems which I believe are closely connected to each other since they both happened at the same time. While there is a Studio issue, I dropped it in here because Website Bugs feels most appropriate (and I assume it’s also sending the wrong placeid or whatever), sorry if that’s an inconvenience.

The Problem

Game’s Start Place:

So I have been working on my game here for the last month here and there, and I know that I have been publishing the game within the month (More explained below), and something weird happened just today.

The place in the game that I normally work on is suddenly saying that it hasn’t been updated since 6/20/2020. That’s a whopping 5 months ago! When I go into the version history for the place, it shows the same. I know I’m not accidentally saving instead of publishing as it does not mention a version within the last month.

Now here’s something even weirder- when I load up Studio for the second place (PlaceId: 1533814457) via the 3 dots in the top right corner of the page, it sends me to the start place (PlaceId: 1608584207) of the game instead of the second place mentioned above. I have to go through the Game Explorer (or Asset Manager) to access my second place. When this happens, it does give me the latest version that I edited before (I know this because I have updated multiple packages in the place, and with Auto-Update off, it does not find any new versions. This package was unaffected and has the correct publish date.

Detailed Information

This seems to only happen for my game shown above; my actual real game in my group isn’t affected. It has started to happen within the last 24-48 hours. My timezone is Central Standard Time, North America.

Browser: Google Chrome, up-to-date (Version 87.0.4280.66 (Official Build) (64-bit))

While looking at Version History for the second place via Game Settings in Studio, it looks like how it should:

8 Likes

This is also happening to my game. Unable to edit the other places linked to it. click edit and it takes me to the start place instead

This needs fix.

1 Like

I found a fix I think?
It worked on mine

First take the place ID from the place you want to edit make sure it’s not the starting place
Then click the configure place.
You’ll notice the place ID changes.
Click version history then change the place ID to your copied one.
then click version history again and click downlaod

There was another thread about this that was closed without any explanation so I’ll just repost my experience with this:

I have just noticed this bug too and it is very annoying. It also is happening with created places within my universe and I have completely no access to my place via studio. Hoping this gets fixed soon, I have no access to my place right now…

2 Likes

Very annoying i have to reupload my game each time i want to edit it…

1 Like

This is still happening and I need to push updates to my games. I have no way of getting access to the created places within my game, this needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

2 Likes

You should try my solution it’s annoying to republish the game but hey it works

I will but it’s such a hassle to go through. Everything was working fine a few weeks ago so I wouldn’t assume that it’s hard to fix.

1 Like

Update:
This is still happening today.

I am now getting this error in Studio, was my place corrupted or something??

3 Likes

Marking this post as solved - this doesn’t appear to happen for me anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.