Geometric Tool Scope Lock Feature

Hello!

As a developer working on large scale projects, an important aspect of organisation and productivity is effectively categorising aspects of your build.

One of the biggest problems I personally have is being able to select a model inside another model and drag it to where I need it to go. Currently, you can ALT + CLICK to select whatever part your mouse clicks on, however this isn’t particularly useful if you want to drag a model, rather than a single part.

The current alternative is to just suffice with the geometric tools, such as the move tool, rotate tool and scale tools. These definitely do the job, but can sometimes increase the amount of time required to do a simple movement.

What would be great is if we could select a scope (for example, a model) to lock our geometric tools to, so that no matter what we click, it will be relative to that scope.

For example, if I locked the tools to a model hut inside a model world, whenever I click on the hut, it would select that model instead of the parent model.

Any thoughts and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Royal

3 Likes