GetDataStore erroring "400: Invalid Operation"

Its not even reverting from a while ago, its just at 0, or nil, people who didn’t play during data loss have their data completely fine.

1 Like

I think we should demand a refund everytime the datastores go down as this is just unacceptable!

We’re losing out on so many players and renevue because they go down each week.

6 Likes

Honestly, I agree with you. But Roblox should have shutdown the entire website when they found out datastore was having a 400 error. I don’t even remember the last time Roblox went offline for maintenance.

1 Like

My player support email has blown up because of this, I cannot provide support/refunds for everyone when not even 1 of them can provide proof + the time taken to consume this, data store is a big thing that almost every game uses, I find it hard that I have multiple players complaining about the issue on loosing there game progress especially something like a simulator players then dont want to play again because they have to restart it all again…

This is killing not just my game but other games that are on a progress rate, this loses revenue for us creators too along with player rate and at this time its not needed.

2 Likes

Is there anything we as developers can do to avoid GetAsync() returning nil under such circumstances or are are we left with waiting for Roblox to make it return some kind of error instead?

1 Like

Nope, you can’t differ this type of error and a new player unless you use HttpService

1 Like

EDIT: Our teams are still actively looking into issues reported with data loss reported by developers below at high priority.

Our engineers have resolved the current issue. While we are investigating this, we want to give you the following update in advance:

• At this point we can say that we don’t believe any permanent data loss has occurred, but we are still working to confirm it.
  • The erroneous change has been rolled back.
  • Our teams have shut down any game instances that had this erroneous version.
    • You do not need to shut game servers yourself nor keep games deactivated as a safeguard against the issue.
    • Currently running and new game instances do not have this issue.

We will follow up with a full post-mortem report on this issue as soon as possible to give you more details and to confirm whether any permanent data loss occurred.

68 Likes

yeah got people who played during this outage that still have all their data wiped, so

5 Likes

Why is this being marked as resolved? Users still have their data wiped.

27 Likes

Yeah, I have players that are still reporting data loss.

5 Likes

A lot of players logging back in to Dungeon Quest still have their data wiped.

3 Likes

Yep can confirm, a small group of players from my game still have lost data.

5 Likes

@rachjumper @MasterXertz @vCaffy @Maxx_J Thanks, our engineers are still investigating, we will reach out to you privately if we need more details on this.

@berezaa Apologies for the confusion – intent was to highlight the response on the first post.

21 Likes

There are a select amount of users reporting missing their save data in Robloxian High School and hasn’t been recovered yet.

4 Likes

I have reports of people having completely no savedata anymore in Plane Crazy.

1 Like

Yeah some of my players experienced data loss as well.

Yeah, I tested with some users and data was still lost, should I wait to open my game?
Tower Heroes [DOORS]🚪 - Roblox

1 Like

Is there going to be something done about this to prevent this from happening in the future?

My game has lost quite a lot of players because of this.

Are we going to be getting some type of refunds for this aswell? The datastore has been going down so much lately.

4 Likes

I myself lost my data for my own game and it still has not returned yet.

This makes me too uncomfortable to open my game to hundreds of players that may have been exposed to data loss and cause negative backlash over something I can’t control.

I appreciate the efforts of all of the staff members and can not imagine the stress they’ve been going through.

5 Likes

We have put together an Incident Report regarding this. We will be updating the post with more information as we continue our investigation:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/datastores-incident-report/829962

10 Likes