GetPropertyChangedSignal for Humanoid.CameraOffset does not fire

When you change a humanoid’s CameraOffset, it does update and it does work, but the property changed signal for it never fires.

Repro:

• get any humanoid (whether instance a new one or already instanced one)
  • :Connect to humanoid:GetPropertyChangedSignal("CameraOffset") (:Wait also gives the same problem)
  • change the humanoid’s CameraOffset property and check if the property changed signal for it fired

These steps reproduce this bug 100% of the time. This bug happens everytime, with any and every humanoid.

Repro file:
An almost empty baseplate with a single localscript inside of StarterPlayerScripts that does the steps above and uses the playerCharacter’s humanoid
Bug.rbxl (18.2 KB)

1 Like

:GetPropertyChangedSignal is only fired when a change is made to the server. Client-side changes don’t fire :GetPropertyChangedSignal. This is not a bug.

I’m not sure where or how you got that, but that is incorrect. If FilteringEnabled is true, and the change is made client-sidedly, it wont fire propertyChangedSignal on the server, but it will fire propertyChangedSignal on the client. Although in my case, its not firing for humanoid.CameraOffset on the server or the client, even though other properties of humanoid fire their changedSignal’s perfectly fine without issue

1 Like

From my experience, I have never had a client-sided change fire :GetPropertyChangedSignal on a local script. Can you tell me which client-sided properties fire :GetPropertyChangedSignal?

I whipped up a quick local script and the same exact behavior occurs with TargetPoint. (the wait()s are obviously atrocious, but this is just for demonstration)

repeat wait() until game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character and game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character:FindFirstChild("Humanoid")
game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character.Humanoid:GetPropertyChangedSignal("TargetPoint"):Connect(function()
	print("howdy y'all")
end)
while wait() do
	game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character.Humanoid.TargetPoint = Vector3.new(math.random(1,10),0,math.random(1,10))
end

Indeed, it doesn’t fire. Logged an internal ticket for it.

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

This issue is still occurring.

An additional note that this same issue is still occurring with humanoid.TargetPoint as stated above by:

Thanks. when i get more info i will pass it on.

Thank you for submitting this report. We are currently reviewing all bug reports to ensure we have not overlooked any ongoing issues. Since this issue was reported over two years ago, can you please confirm you are still experiencing the problem? If so, please respond to this thread, and we will investigate. If we do not receive any response within 30 days, we will consider this matter resolved. Thank you.