GFX Curve Text (paint.net)

Hi! I am currently using paint.net for most of my products!

I am trying to learn how to curve my texts on pain.net, does anyone know how to, any plugins for it, anything?

I do not wish to buy photoshop, but if it means to buy it to make my products better, then please tell me :slight_smile:

Thank you, xoxo

4 Likes

If you need tools like that, I highly recommend GIMP. It has most of (if not all) features that Adobe Photoshop has (including the ability to transform text), and is 100% free. I use it for all of my GFX projects.

2 Likes

Would it have curved text?

That’s the main reason for asking for help.

Yes, to some degree using cage transform:
or this:

1 Like

I use Photoshop personally to do all my GFX and all my editing work. However my was given to my by my university. There is free graphics packages online if you need it. GIMP is also free along side paint.net, but Photoshop has more formats and offers more choices.

About curved Text is available within GIMP, but you have to use two tools:

Text tool and then the path tool.

Photoshop also does curved text.

At the end of the day it’s wether you wishing to buy the package Adobe offer’s, however GIMP is great if your going for something that’s free and easy to use.

5 Likes

Thanks. I will sure look for an investment in photoshop, same with GIMP.

Thanks, looks good, I will try out GIMP later on today.

sticking with Adobe products, Illustrator is also great. it’s what I use for my game assets

Don’t forget there’s plugins you can install which is made for Paint.NET. It’s just the case of searching for it.
But I’d recommend using GIMP or Photoshop (if you’re willing to spend the dosh)

1 Like

Edit

Here is how to create curved text in “Paint.net” however it doesn’t include features for curving text. But you could use the “Circle Text” Thanks @uJordy for including the plugin site!!

Step 1: Select Circle Text to open the Circle Text dialog, shown in the screenshot below. Choose a font from the Font menu. Then enter some text into the text box, and you’ll see a the preview of it on the layer. You can also select some Bold and Italic if you want!!

Step 2: The option to curve, or bend, your text is the Angle of arc bar. When you first open Circle Text window, it should be set to 360 degrees if you click OK you’ll have a full circle of text as shown below.

Step 3: If you want to get the that curve/bend to it drag the Angle of arc bar further to the left and reduce its value to something more like 60 degrees. If the text overlaps, drag the “Radius bar” further right to expand it. Then you should have the curve text as seen below!!

Curved Text

Snapshot

You could also adjust the angle of the text. drag the Angle of start bar. To something like 60 and the Angle of arc to 125.95 and set the Radius bar to about 245. Then your text should look more like a rainbow curve…!

Curved Rainbow

Plugin Here: dpyplugins8.1.zip

Tutorials

Making curved text using the Circle Text plugin in Paint.NET - YouTube
Curved (eye shaped) text in Paint.NET - YouTube

5 Likes

Thank you so much!

Hopefully it helps my products a little better.

Not sure, i’ll check right now.

Yes, I do happen to have Circle Text.

You know its always about Photoshop but there is actually another software that I don’t hear people talk about as much but I think its just as good. Affinity Photo. Its $50 one time fee with free upgrades and it has a nice easy to look at UI with many updates and many features. And its compatible with many Photoshop plugins, along with Photoshop formats and I believe brushes.

As for me, Photoshop was always something I wanted to avoid because I hate monthly subscriptions. Paint.NET was what I started out with, but as my skills advanced it was way to basic for everything I wanted to do. I just didn’t like Gimp, I didn’t feel to comfortable with it. So there came Affinity Photo and thats what I use all the time now for all my GFX and I love it. (They also have an alternative for Adobe Illustrator and they have a publishing software)

Just take a look at it all its features and its video by clicking the link above.’

Edit:

Forgot to mention, Affinity Photo can easilly do curved text. You just hover the cursor over a curve path and once the cursor image turns to a letter on a curve just click and begin typing.

Interesting, thanks for pointing this out to me. I’ll watch a couple videos on it, if I think it’s good, i’ll try it out.

Definitely do. Also its an award winning application.