Ghost Notifications Bug

For the past couple of days, when I go to the ROBLOX website, I notice that I have tons of notifications. This is weird and different. When I click on the notification, I get directed to my messages, of which I have nothing unread. And so I’m getting tons of notifications that are linked to nothing at all.

Here’s a series of images showing this:

I noticed I had 21 notifications:

I clicked on the Notification button:

I clicked on the notification, which redirected me to my Messages, of which I had no unread messages:

I’m not sure what’s happening. Perhaps people are following me and I’m getting notifications for that? I’m not sure at all. I first noticed this happening a couple of days ago. Before that, I basically never received a single notification.

Also note that I have restricted messaging to friends-only, thus I basically never receive any PMs. This also has no correlation to the number of Friend Requests.

Edit: Here’s my Notifications settings:

Edit 2: As of writing this, I’ve received 2 more notifications. The player icon for the notification has been different both times.

Edit 3: The player icon that shows up per notification does link to actual players. They don’t seem like bots in any way.

6 Likes

The web team is aware of the bug. Thanks :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sweet, good to know!

1 Like

Was about to report this myself as well. :stuck_out_tongue: