Give an option for developers to disable input on UIPageLayout

The UIPageLayout has a feature where it detects scroll-wheel (and possibly touch? have not tested yet) input and uses it to change pages. This behavior is completely uncontrollable by developers, and is an issue in these two scenarios:

• The developer wants to ‘lock’ which page the is on
  • The player is trying to scroll in a ScrollingFrame

The first one is not, to my knowledge, common, however the second is everywhere right now. Forcing this behavior on us in not beneficial and just limits what we can do and forces us to compensate for this behavior (using up valuable time, and since a lot of developers probably don’t even know this behavior exists, causing a lot of bugs).

The only thing developers can do at the moment to make those two scenarios work (to stop the page changing based on input) is just override the page when the CurrentPage property changes, however we should not have to do this (and upon testing this solution it seemed to break the UIPageLayout anyway – so maybe there are no solutions at all?).

A solution that would be good for us developers, in my opinion, would be a simple bool property that lets us enable/disable this behavior.

I’m pretty sure an option already exists

5 Likes

That’s odd, I couldn’t see that in the properties window. Sigh. Thanks

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.