Give me feedback on my Advertisements!

Hey guys! I’ve created advertisements for a MOBA game called Spell Slingers. I need your helpful critiques to attract players to the game! This is my first time using proper renders for marketing materials.

Here are the advertisements, which you can view one at a time here (note: that the forum flattens the skyscraper ads just a bit! click the images to see proper dimensions)

Click here to view Ad #1

Click here to view Ad #2

Click here to view Ad #3

Click here to view Ad #4

Or, if you prefer an Imgur album: Spell Slingers Advertisement WIPs - Album on Imgur

Some questions I have after you’ve checked out the ads:

• Should the acronym “MOBA” (short for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) be used in the ad?
  • The text is intentionally vague, and moreso relates to the featured characters’ gameplay than the game as a whole. Will this be an effective approach?
  • Would creating an advertisement that features many characters instead of featuring one be more effective?

Thank-you! Any helpful words you have are much appreciated :slight_smile:

These ads are visually stunning but they feel like they’re for a war clan or something.

1 Like

Honestly,

Ad#2 I cant really tell what is going on with the character.

Very bright and eye catching. These ads will probably have a decent CTR in my opinion.

1 Like

I think if they attracts that type of crowd that’s a really good thing - the nature of the game is not only competitive but also encourages creating groups of players to play. Do you think there’s a way to make the ads seem more for a game and not for a group?

Maybe putting the Spell Slingers logo on all of them? Also a “Play Now” sign helps imply it’s a game (And it does it pretty well from what I can tell from my ads.)

I do think it’s smart to attract those clan member people though.

1 Like

The ads use a smaller, more rectangular version of the Spell Slingers logo but I’ve been considering using actual one on the game icon. You raise a good point with the “Play Now” addition, thanks!

1 Like

Without context, I personally wouldn’t click on those. It’s not appealing or interesting enough; however, knowing that it’s a game by you and is bound to be fun, I’d be more likely to click on it. What made you want to make it so vague?

1 Like

Advertisement #1 and #3 look great! Eye-catching and fun.

I agree with C0_le in regards Advertisment #2. At first glance it looked like a Roblox character with a roast chicken for a head just lying down. It’s hard to make out what it’s supposed to be doing.

Advertisement #4, while very professional, looks like an ad for another website. The character looks a lot like something you’d see in the likes of Wizard101. A younger audience might be reluctant to click on ads to other websites so perhaps try adding something Roblox-related to the image to let kids know it’s still a Roblox game.

The “Play Now” button is a great suggestion!

2 Likes

Wow nice text. How did you make it, was it just in photoshop?

1 Like

Yeah, Photoshop. If you right click a layer (or group!) and hit Blending Options you can add effects like outline, drop shadow, bevel, etc while still keeping your editable text layer.

1 Like

I feel that your vertical ads are what stand out the most. (1&3) The horizontal ads on the other hand can’t even compare to them quality wise. (2&4)

One issue I have with them is that they have a solid black background and thats not very appealing. I feel that if you add in similar styles background wise of the vertical ads, they will perform better. Or maybe even use the game itself as the background.
To me, advertisement 2 needs more work than advertisement 4.
Text wise I think they are really nice and eye catching.

3 Likes

Your text and effects are amazing but your characters aren’t rendered, they’re just a roblox screenshot. If you could render them I think that’d make the ads 11/10.

1 Like

Run them all for 1k Robux each to get a rough CTR. Then you can statistically find out which one is the best. Cycle through running that one and the next best one. But also make sure your game icon has a good CTR as well by running sponsored games

2 Likes

Actually, each of the advertisements characters use a very plain render in Blender, touched up in Photoshop. Some of them use the cycles render and others use the Blender render. Are there artifacts on the characters that make them look not so? Still new to the world of renders.

@TheAmazeman That’s my plan, actually! I have a couple variations on each of the ads which I hope to quantitative data from. Right now I’m still in the qualitative stage lol

3 Likes

These are pretty impressive. Personally, I like #3 and #4 the most, with #1 being impressive as well.

#2 Seems a little plain due to the blank brown background.

As for how many characters, I like having just one or two though I’m unsure why exactly. Just my opinion.

1 Like

I was thinking of some more horizontal ads that say “CARRY, SUPPORT, WHAT WILL YOU PICK?” and then two relevant characters would be featured under the words CARRY and SUPPORT.

I honestly feel as if it could use more… depth. MOBA should be fine, as it is a new term in ROBLOX (to my knowledge) and should help attract an increased playerbase.

By depth I mean, I can’t tell truly what the game is about from that. I know it has to do with spells, but what about the game mechanics?
It makes me ask:

• Is this for a clan?
  • Is this a another one of those wizard battle games?
  • What type of game is this, arena, tycoon? (Assuming I don’t know what MOBA is)

Overall, I would be more attracted if I knew more about it and the ad had more to say than what it does now. The first also makes me think that it is a Game of Thrones chapter.

Good work though, keep it up!