Glitch Or Normal Tween?

I want to tween something from X = 0, 20 to 0, 100

If I use this as a representative, it will do this:

and gets bigger here ------ gets bigger here
It gets bigger, on every side of the X axis. But I only want it to extend on the right side:

----- only gets bigger on this side, other side stays in that spot.
It got bigger, on the right side. Normally, TweenSize makes it bigger on every axis for me. Is there a way to only make it get bigger on the right/Left side?

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, are you using parts or are you using UIs?

1 Like

UI’s. I am trying to make a loading bar, and it gets bigger from the left and right side. I only want it to get bigger from the right side.

1 Like

Ah, got it.

Check out the AnchorPoint property. 0,0 should anchor it from the left side, 0.5,0 should anchor it from the middle, and 1,0 should anchor it to the right side.

Ok, I am gonna test that right now.

2 Likes

The script suddenly stopped working when I did that. AnchorPoint does not interfere with the script though:

local sounds = game.ReplicatedStorage.Sounds
local loading = script.Parent.LoadingTxt
local begin = script.Parent.BeginLoading
local bar = script.Parent.BarHolder
local innerbar = script.Parent.BarHolder.Bar
bar.Position = UDim2.new(0.5,0,1,0)
loading.Position = UDim2.new(0.5,0,1,0)
bar.BackgroundTransparency = 1
innerbar.BackgroundTransparency = 1
begin.Position = UDim2.new(0.5,0,1,0)
wait(2)
begin:TweenPosition(UDim2.new(0.5,0,0.7,0), Enum.EasingDirection.Out, Enum.EasingStyle.Sine, 0.8)
begin.MouseButton1Down:Connect(function()
	sounds.HoverOn:Play()
	begin:TweenPosition(UDim2.new(0.5,0,1,0), Enum.EasingDirection.Out, Enum.EasingStyle.Sine, 0.8)
	wait(1.3)
	bar.BackgroundTransparency = 0
	innerbar.BackgroundTransparency = 0
	bar:TweenPosition(UDim2.new(0.5,0,0.5,0),  Enum.EasingDirection.Out, Enum.EasingStyle.Sine, 1.2)
	loading:TweenPosition(UDim2.new(0.5,0,0.630,0), Enum.EasingDirection.Out, Enum.EasingStyle.Sine, 1.2)
	while true do
		script.Parent.Text = "Loading Assets..."
		innerbar:TweenSize(UDim2.new(0, 10, 0, 40), Enum.EasingDirection.Out, Enum.EasingStyle.Sine, 2)
		wait(math.random(2,4))
		script.Parent.Text = "Loading Scripts..."
		innerbar:TweenSize(UDim2.new(0, 50, 0, 40))
		wait(3)
		script.Parent.Text = "Loading Parts..."
		innerbar:TweenSize(UDim2.new(0, 10, 0, 40))
		wait(3)
		script.Parent.Text = "Loading UI..."
		wait(3)
		script.Parent.Text = "Loading Tools..."
		wait(3)
		script.Parent.Text = "Please Wait, preparing the map..."
		wait(10)
	end

end)

nevermind, fixed.

1 Like

Why do people say stuff is “loading” when it really isn’t. At least actually load stuff in.

1 Like

Exactly, i just use game:IsLoaded()

repeat wait(2) until game:IsLoaded()

Fake loadings are used everywhere. It’s common;
Payment services, games, it gives a sense of something actually happening to a player, what I would do here is do repeat wait() until game:IsLoaded()
and then do the “fake loading” that he did with “Loading Tools…”
and stuff.
As game:IsLoaded() is kinda useless alot of times, the game might be working, but some meshes, textures, UI’s might not be loaded still.

I just used that for testing, later I will use IsLoaded().

Also, for the tweening, instead of the long line of

TweenPosition(UDim2.new(0.5,0,0.5,0), Enum.EasingDirection.In, Enum.EasingStyle.Quad)

I heard you could just use:

TweenPosition(UDim2.new(0.5,0,0.5,0), In, Quad)

Is this true? Does it still work finely?

I am gonna put a normal loading system, but yes, people do put fake loading, just to the sense of making it seem like its actually doing something. Fake loading is used everywhere, but at the same time it is loading.

Lets just say, your game takes around 10 seconds to load (Just an example), putting a fake loading screen will just cover up the loading, and if the loading screen took 15 seconds to complete, the fake loading screen covered up the loading, and when the loading screen goes away, the game is loaded.

:IsLoaded() is just something I will use later, I was just doing this to get all the positions right. I understand what you mean, but as a fact, a lot of people use fake loading screens.