Glue Surface doesn't work on the slope side of a wedge

EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT, GLUE FOUND TO BE NOT SO STICKY AFTERALL

The Explantation:
Parts with glue surface types will not make a joint on the sloped side of a wedge part, any other side of the part is fine. It seems to not matter if the wedge has the glue surface, or if the part you’re sticking to it has the glue surface, or even both. The behavior is the same with both sloped sides of CornerWedgeParts.

The Repro: (now with visual aid)

• take a wedge part, slap some glue surfaces on it (or not)
  • take another part, slap some more glue on the surfaces (at least one needs the glue)
  • Try to make a joint by placing the part on the sloped surface of the wedge part

The Gist:
So yea, pretty simple to explain. This behavior is apparent in both the old solver and the new one. Hopefully it’s something that can be fixed, glue joints are pretty fun and being able to use wedges for slopped joint would be cool.

BREAKING NEWS

It would seem as if Hinge and Motor joints have this same behavior, and it can be reproduced the same way.

(I wish I had known this before making the post I would have made it all inclusive. This could have been the news report that made my career, maybe it’s time for a new job.)

3 Likes

Looks like we’ve really ‘stuck’ it out all these years without wedge joint support.