Gradually decrease the speed of the LinearVelocity

Hi, I am currently trying to make a slide system, but I am having problems making the LinearVelocity gradually reduce as there is no significant increase in the speed of the humanoidRootPart, if there is a much better way to do this please let me know.

I tried to reduce the speed of the LinearVelocity with a for loop. This causes me a lot of problems because it reduces all velocities including the Y velocity which is the one that helps with the gravity effect.

I know it can be done with a for loop but I don’t know how to do it properly.

Here is the code:

local vf = Instance.new("LinearVelocity",rp)
    local att = Instance.new("Attachment",rp)
    att.Name = "slideAtt"
    vf.Attachment0 = att
    vf.VectorVelocity = rp.Velocity.Magnitude * 1.2 * rp.CFrame.LookVector + Vector3.new(0,-30,0)
    while var.pressingC do
        print(vf.VectorVelocity)
        warn(rp.Velocity.Magnitude)
        gyro.CFrame = CFrame.new(rp.Position, rp.Position + Vector3.new(Camera.CFrame.LookVector.X,0,Camera.CFrame.LookVector.Z))
        task.wait()
    end
1 Like

Hello.

Try using BasePart::AssemblyLinearVelocity to achieve a more responsive slide system.

Best regards,
Octonions

1 Like

Ok!, i’ll try it and send the result here.

1 Like

I tried to use AssemblyLinearVelocity for a player boost at slide time, and it does not work well for the results I am looking for; the acceleration is slow, and even though I played with the properties, I did not get good results.

If there is any way to do this with a LinearVelocity, please let me know​:pray::pray::pray:

Well, I found a solution. My solution was to use some CFrame and use Plane mode in LinearVelocity.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.