Grounds of Praepoten

As per my previous post, “I’m in a dilemma” , I’m actively taking steps to get out of it. This includes trying to reward my ADHD more often so I can remain motivated. Now, I would like some genuine feedback so it doesn’t sound like I’m “fishing for compliments” especially as it’s not at all what I’m doing.

So I’ll get started, I’m actively working on a large game called, “Grounds of Praepoten.” Which is a multi-franchise inspired (Touhou mostly, undertale, certain RPs I’ve been in) bullet hell, open-world RPG game. I’m working on ofuda cards and an ofuda card deck system.

I would appreciate any help I could get, though!

Devlog: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nD2K4dMbSKhjx9yqmyZzUwGkqJGbvujnXR2aYw5PDhk/edit

6 Likes
External Media

curse 30 limit

1 Like

A hand of spellcards

5 Likes

seems like a very cool system! i would personally focus on animations on casting spells, like having your character do the motion of pulling a card out their hand or something, you can focus on animating and changing the spells later, but that player animation is a key part on making something look cool/better.
also im not a developer so idk how you would pull this off but the third move looks like it needs just a teeny bit of optimisation.

2 Likes

I truly do like the design of the card, and I you also did a perfect job tilting them as if they are being held by a person. However, I believe the VFX could use some work, although I see potential in them. Also the quality of the video probably didn’t help the way they looked.

Nice work overall :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for your input, and I absolutely agree! I am not motivated at the moment to focus on animation, however, I am working with another developer for optimization.

2 Likes

Post updated, it contains the game link:

3 Likes

could you make it public? i would like to try the systems out.

1 Like

It should be public

2 Likes

I have no clue why its doing this lol
anyways ill go on an alt or something

2 Likes

Maybe your device isn’t supported?

1 Like

Whoops! It was set to “friends”

it all should be fine now, go ahead and join

1 Like

Alright, ive played it and although the concept is good, it probably needs a little polishing, like how i can be damaged by my own attacks (idk if its intentional) or like how certain spells wont follow my character despite looking like they should do, apart from that however, i am really excited to see where this idea goes!

3 Likes

I made a custom paper talisman, AKA an ofuda.

3 Likes

Added some new animations, feel free to check out the game to see them.

Does anyone know some reliable, free, quick n’ easy screen recorders?

2 Likes

OBS

characters

1 Like

OBS, medal, iirc discord has one (probably wrong bcs i dont use discord)

but obs is the best

2 Likes

Motivation has switched to UIs, so I’m working on the UI.

2 Likes

I loathe this UI a lot, I’m restarting lol

2 Likes

Lots of new features today!

• New animations
    • Running
    • Sprinting
  • New ground symbol for dream seal
  • Labels for Ofuda cards
  • Dream seal has some new particle effects
  • Optimization for “Starlit Rain” (More damage in exchange for less firerate, less load on the server)

Soon

• Multidirectional Laser
  • Homing Ofuda cards
  • Spellcasting Animations
  • UI and UIX
2 Likes