Group Games - Ability to modify rank/role through Lua API

Was going to make my own post suggesting this, but came across this one. Now seems like the best time to bring light to this topic, but I also wanted to add a thought of my own on why this feature should be worked on.

A problem a lot of groups face is bots. No matter what we do, they will always find a way through. The groups which experience these most are larger ones, where the group wall would usually be relatively useless anyway. If we had the ability to rank members based on how they do in our games, we could stop bots from getting through how they do now (since the requirements to get group wall posting privileges in our games should be pretty high). Not only does this benefit group owners by keeping bot posts out, but large groups can also gate off the group wall to a small number of their players in the higher ranks, bringing the group wall back as a place for discussion.

If this is done, Roblox would of course need to let us reset this key on the off chance it gets leaked. However, my idea for how it would work is that we could add and remove game IDs (or maybe place IDs) in the group admin page which are given permission to modify the ranks and use other potential group API. I’m not sure if this method is more or less secure, or how much more useful it is. However, it would prevent even leaked scripts from giving others’ access to modifying your group through the API.

Adding something like this to the Roblox engine would be greatly beneficial to me as I have been trying to figure out a way to automatically rank people within my group but have found no success as it is a somewhat complicated task to do and I currently do not know much about this.

More

I have spent a good month attempting to find a way to rank people via a script, but seeing as I have little experience in web design, I have had no suck luck.

About 3 months ago, I had successfully created a group bot using this tutorial which could do many things like change a user’s rank, and create a group shout. However, since Roblox added the NewCaptcha, it has not worked. That is why I have been attempting to find a new way.

The author of the tutorial mentioned above has updated the post to inform users of how to get around the NewCaptcha update, but I have found it complicated and because of that have not been able to achieve it.

That is why I think it would be a wonderful idea to have a Roblox API that allows developers to change ranks by script.