Group suggestions

The group suggestion page should be change a bit.

The problem is that it shows all war clans for each category, instead it should show groups actually focused on what they are for.
So Vortex Security would go under military only, and some building groups show under building instead of the war groups.

Example of the problem:

What is this group suggestion page, link?

It shows on the group page, when you’re not in any group. I saw it with my alt account.

The only reliable way to sort groups in categories is by using keywords, and if you look at the descriptions for these groups you see that they are abusing this page by including all of the keywords in their description. If anything, these groups should have their description removed and the owners should receive a warning about it. Although yeah, the keywords could be smarter or more extensive as well.

It appears when you aren’t in any groups. Those groups are up there because they’re intentionally exploiting group suggestions. It searches for certain keywords in group descriptions and then displays the groups in highest member to lowest member sort. Because the groups on those lists are big, just adding those keywords to their description automatically moves them to the suggestions. IMO any group that does that should have their description content-deleted for intentionally exploiting the sorting algorithm, but ROBLOX doesn’t seem to care about it. And I’m especially disappointed in the RBXDev members that are exploiting this – that isn’t very professional behavior. Kudos to RAT and TRA for making it up there legitimately.

[quote] The only reliable way to sort groups in categories is by using keywords, and if you look at the descriptions for these groups you see that they are abusing this page by including all of the keywords in their description. If anything, these groups should have their description removed and the owners should receive a warning about it. Although yeah, the keywords could be smarter or more extensive as well. [/quote]It should take into account group names, in a building group you’ll have players ranked as “Developer, Builder, Scripter, Artist, Architect” and similar, in a military group you’ll have names like “Private, Soldier” and so on, all ROBLOX really needs to do is take these into account as well, I very much doubt anybody will use ranks to tag their group. It’d be horrible.

I have never seen this page before. Where is it?

Don’t underestimate them, groups can have large amount of ranks… :shocked:

Groups should be able to set a genre/type like other items.

I agreed with feattypicalnut, groups should be able to set their own status like other items
BUT this should be restricted to the owner under general settings.
So no other person can change it.

And they should only be able to choose 1 category not more.