GUI design limitations

Greetings, having recently started working with GUI designing in Studio - I’ve come to realise we are quite limited on designs. Granted, we do have the ability to create and upload our own at will. But within studio itself and the options it offers we are restricted.

Examples of this being the use of Style’s in Frames. If the Player wishes to roundify an object - It’s a preset colour and cannot be changed. Why is this a restricted? Am I missing something on this?

And another being the Dialogue system offered by ROBLOX, I’ve always thought it was a brilliant implementation into the engine but even then we are limited on how to customise it. Why not be able to restyle the GUI into one that fits the style required?

Sorry about my moaning, but if I’ve missed something or got anything wrong please do correct me.

5 Likes

Yes I do believe that UI needs some more attention. Right now, it’s good and all but it can be better. I talked about a brilliant feature that can significantly improve UI designing here.

Examples of this being the use of Style’s in Frames. If the Player wishes to roundify an object - It’s a preset colour and cannot be changed. Why is this a restricted? Am I missing something on this?

I agree it is time for roblox to give us more GUI options. Although, I disagree with your statement that you can not change a rounded object’s color. This only works with custom style frames. In order to do this, you just have to keep the image/frame white, as shown below. This works for decals too!

How-To Change Color
  1. Create your frame, you have to keep the frame white.
  2. Roundify the frame.
  3. Change the color of the rounded frame!
2 Likes

Please do not create feature request threads containing multiple requests.

“Improve GUI design capabilities” is too broad of a request and isn’t terribly helpful, and you don’t go into helpful levels of detail about anything you suggest.

Please use search to see if any of your suggestions have been made before (your first one has been) and create separate threads per suggestion so you can properly flesh them out.