Guruu's Portfolio

Hey, Hope you enjoy what you read and see.

Contact

Twitter

Random Creations

WIP Game

Destined Legends - Action RPG

Closed Game

This is my latest project called Guardian Defenders, the objective is to basically keep your player base alive and keep your self alive for along as you can. You’ll be allowed to level your weapons up, replenish ammo upon AI drops, and even purchase temporary gun upgrades through wave currencies.

https://twitter.com/GuruuGaming/status/1343224783853539330

Old Work

https://twitter.com/i/status/1330775206814740482

^ this is a complete overhaul of the system below to smoothen latency out due to high rate of change in cframe directions.

Heres some recent work on my combat system. It involves camera type of watch with some minor legacycamera changes for the target handling. This also uses a custom movement system for all input devices. And we have dashing :slight_smile: Will update this section as it gets better.

And of course we care about performance.

You know how u play games on live and ps3 or w.e
You catch your self saying shit like “nah bro you’re lagging im not lagging so the server is not has to be your net”
this is basically that idea…everything is dependent on your own network
a better perspective of it all would be

I spawn the “server player” and show it on client normally I wouldn’t but u see the stutter of the “Grey” on the right window, well the stutter actually is the latency between the server and client for the “server model” or I should say “Server world” We ignore this on client and just move based off our own network to the final goal (which is the same on all clients) and server.

Its important to realize all clients have their own unique model spawned on client but share the same server model data
allowing this to happen.

First Year on Roblox

The Latest work can be found at bottom of this post or my Replies on this post.

To get things started, Here is something I enjoy showing off a lot.

• Containers(size) are a created as base class
    • containers.items = {} – to represent a list of items in my container
    • container.maxcap = size;
  • Containers have functions like AddItem(item, specific slot maybe if not next empty slot), RemoveItem(from slot or by name or by item id), Swap Item(fromcontainer, tocontainer, fromslot,toslot) to allow container to container interactions.
  • How this is abstract?
  • Inventory Container inherits from this Container system
  • Equipment Container inherits form this this Container
  • Hotkey inherits for this container

what does it look like put together and hooked up?

Pretty cool yeah? Best thing is, its all server controlled. So heres an example of what “exploiters” are possibly to do, and how the server handles it.

I’ll continue to update this as i can.

Test area: Third Person RPG Shooter [In Development] - Roblox

Tweaked this area a lot more to fit the third person controller. I used roblox’s free scritp but heavily edited. Along with movement and my own lil camera scripts.

Now you can no longer shoot your camera is facing at an impossible shoot angle. Allows for more use of the character controller to be applied to how you shoot.
Full lobby system with party joining, visible lobbies map selections lobby settings, along with party member teleporting. Recent commission. Mainly did the back end but i did some simple fast UI work aswell.

Demo: Race - Roblox

Latest update with the AI,

He now has a accuracy controller, the lower the value the more bounce the tracking will have.

Here is a sample.

Pet Work - comes with moduler system

petmanager:AddPet(petid)
petManager.OwnedPets[petindex or 1]:SpawnPet()
Pet:HandleSpeedMovement (special zone movement mechanics acceleration, altitude etc)
Pet:HandleMountMovement (regular flying zones)
Pet:ProcessFollowMovement (follows owner)

Respawns the model when humanoids resets instaly, follows pets to teleported areas.

We got faster load time on this test place i do. Everything sorta loaded sequentially and by priority.
Server will always load first, when client and server connect at the same time. Normally you have both loading at the same time causing minor delays in different areas.

RPG Styled Work
Server Npc Controller with server replications to the rendered npc on local

Rolling dashes + character controller

Rendering players at will with “cached” player rendering. Made sure to remove and update characters as needed. When entering these zones you’ll be entering a “lobby” each lobby takes 4 players. Every 4 players a new lobby is made and these players are the only ones rendered in it. Which is why i call this system an instanced player system. Originally i was instancing an entire area but i found this was easier to manage. And overall probably less cleanup/faster renders in a way…

And heres some more Misc work on the above game

Dream Project

unknown (5) unknown (4)

Active Group

Hook Studio - Roblox]

106 Likes

I would like to hire you for a commission, feel free to contact me at pyth#6737

1 Like

Very nice embodiment of a sentient life form, I recommend him for most if not all projects, very versatile.

4 Likes

I highly recommend Guruu, as his work is amazing.

2 Likes

u r a fine specimen guruu. We must keep this one. Hes all I ever wanted to be on roblox. :+1:

7 Likes

Where are your commission prices?

They vary based on task, message me on discord for more details. @,Guruu#2979

Payments are also always only USD.

2 Likes

Hey man Im interrested in Hiring you for a job but your discord tag dosent seem to be working?

The discord includes the comma.

,Guruu#2979

1 Like

There are quite a few impostors going around claiming to be me. Highly recommend being careful when hiring anyone, also to make sure what they are showing you is their own work. Be safe everyone.

âśż andrew xo âśż#7496 is someone to watch out for on the discords

1 Like

Custom AI Pathfinder being applied here :slight_smile: avoids obstacles and will soon avoid crossing waters

https://gyazo.com/eea28d6317597cbfd6e72c9ae1ff429f

3 Likes

Have been busy with school lately, so i would like to inform the topic readers that commissions are currently closed. Any active commissions will have my attention on the weekend.

Commissions are officially closed. All pending commissions mentioned in my last post have been completed. Thank you all who have bought my services, I’ve raised 800 USD to fund a great project of mine, and i hope you guys hear about it on the front pages one day. Please feel free to contact me for questions in regards to when they will re-open. As of right now, no ETA on that.

Hello I am also a programmer, wont let me add you on discord.

whats your @? I’ll send you a message

My discord is @forbrad#1554 here

1 Like

Commission are closed. Please do not contact me till you see a message after this saying its re-opened. Last 2 hires where completed. Wont be open till mid July.

Guruu is a good object oriented programmer, I worked with him(kinda), and we talked about programming. Though we may not be on the best terms, he’s one of the best I know compared to other cough scripters.

Also, what’s your method of optimally equipping 3D Clothes?

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words my friend.

I am also a programmer and with 7 years of experience I can guarantee that your work has quality.

1 Like