Headshots Should Not Contain an Outline (Dark Mode)

Profile pictures anywhere on the site, when using dark mode, currently contain a very minor, but still visible, thin and white outline that is very pixelated and contrasts with the smoothness of everything else on the site, especially exacerbated by dark clothing.

This is not the case for light mode, if you were wondering, as it is white-on-white and hardly noticeable.

I am aware that this is a very small UI nitpick but nevertheless this outline never fails to draw my attention every time I see a headshot on the website as it’s just so obvious and pixelated.

I do not believe that this is intentional.

14 Likes

I am aware of this, and yes, it looks strange, but overall, the amount of people that would look that closely is a 1/20 chance. But, to me, this is a big deal, because the outline kinda makes a 1 pixel outline. I have a good eye, and I am on dark mode, so this somehow disturbs me. Also, no, I dont think this was intentional. Since dark mode came out, this has never been an issue.

1 Like

it also happens on the mobile app IMG_20210227_153257

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes