HELP NEEDED: Studio crashes

Hello,

I’ve been experiencing this for a while now AND I AM TIRED OF IT!!

My roblox studio keeps crashing now and then, every time when I stop the testing. I finally managed to script something I have never done before. I tested it and then, you guessed it, STUDIO FREAKING CRASHED.

Best part of all: Roblox’s autosave doesn’t have my script… :clap:

How can I find this please. I don’t want to have this another time.

thanks
Jonas

2 Likes

Update, my script managed to save itself because I didn’t commit it yet. phew. However, I can’t afford sutdio crashing every time.

1 Like

This is not the place to report this, I would look over to #platform-feedback:studio-bugs to post this thread. Please read the forum rules before you post please.

Sorry, this was called “Help and feedback”. I don’t think I can move to there. Can I delete my post then…?
edit: Nope, I can’t.

1 Like

Members need to go through Post Approval before they can post in that category. Read more here.

Ok, but that is not an answer to my question…

1 Like

What was your script when it crashed?

1 Like

It happens even when I’m just building, but here you go:
Thank for trying to help me :slight_smile:

frame = script.Parent
frame.Active = true
local currpage = 1
local function onTouchSwipe(swipeDir, touchCount)
	local currFrame = script.Parent:FindFirstChild('page' .. currpage)
	local nextFrame

local leftPos = UDim2.new(-1.5,0,0,0)
	local midPos = UDim2.new(0,0,0,0)
	local rightPos = UDim2.new(1.5,0,0,0)

local currTweenPos

if swipeDir == Enum.SwipeDirection.Right then
		-- previous page
		print("previous page")
		if currpage > 1 then
			currpage = currpage - 1
			nextFrame = script.Parent:FindFirstChild('page' .. currpage - 1)
			currTweenPos = rightPos
		end

elseif swipeDir == Enum.SwipeDirection.Left then
		-- next page
		print("next page")
		print("Total pages: " .. #script.Parent:GetChildren() - 2)
		if currpage < (#script.Parent:GetChildren() - 2) then
			currpage = currpage - 1
			nextFrame = script.Parent:FindFirstChild('page' .. currpage + 1)
			currTweenPos = leftPos
		end
	end
	-- Update the color and bounce the frame a little
	--print("gonna tween " .. currFrame.Name .. " to " .. currTweenPos)
	currFrame:TweenPosition(currTweenPos, Enum.EasingDirection.Out, Enum.EasingStyle.Quad, .7, true)
	nextFrame:TweenPosition(midPos, Enum.EasingDirection.In, Enum.EasingStyle.Quad, .7, true)

end

frame.TouchSwipe:Connect(onTouchSwipe)
2 Likes

What device are you currently using?

Thanks! I’m using a laptop:
MSI GV72 8RE

My Studio hasn’t crashed in a long time it might be your hardware/script. You script doesn’t look like it has anything that can crash the game so it might be your hardware/another script. You could use the script performance menu to see how your scripts are running.

Your script is perfectly fine. The problem might be your laptop, your GB ram or something else. Can you show us your GB ram? I have 8 and it works perfectly fine.

Also, it is good to localizate your variables.

1 Like

Alright, I’ll check. I’ve also disabled all plugins but it just crashed again.

I currently have 16GB of ram.

I don’t see a problem, my computer is 3X slower than your laptop and Roblox Studio is working perfectly fine. Did you changed something in Roblox Studio’s folders? or you are using some app to test beta things like video frames?

2 Likes

Could you try to reboot your PC? It may flush out RAM that may be slowing down your computer by freeing it up, though I hardly believe it’s an issue with your hardware.

I’m preety sure it is not a problem with her hardware. She may try some applications like Remo More so she will have her laptop working better.

I actually often experience the same thing on my Studio as well.

Recently there has been a sharp increase in occasions where studio crashed when I’m playtesting. Despite me now knowing to save my games more often, it’s still a nuisance when I lose a portion of code or some small union.

While I don’t need this solved now I’d like to know if there’s a good solution for it so it occurs less or not at all.