Help on cloning a sword to a player's arms

Hey! So im making a sword system for my game, its a round game so each round the players get their selected weapons and on lobby they dont have any weapons, i found out the easiest and most secure way is to make a tool with only a handle, and when the player equips it, it will clone the selected player sword to the player’s right arm.

I tried using motor6D on the right arm and the model part already but i cant get the sword to be exactly on the player’s hand due to it being r6.

The way the way i tried is the tool has a part that is the part that will be in the player’s hand, similar to a handle

Can anyone help me approach this system?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make sure to have a handle AND a meshpart that will be the actual weapon model.

1 Like

It isnt a tool, its a model that will be connected to the player’s right hand

1 Like

The tool has a property that offsets the handle grip location.

1 Like

Yeah im aware about that feature, but the tool itself has nothing in it, the real sword model is a model with a part that acts similarly to a handle to position at the player’s hand, the model is all welded to the part that acts like a handle

1 Like

Lol i think i’ve burned out since the last couple days, my apologies. e

1 Like

Just modify Motor6D.C0 to your liking.

1 Like

I already tried that but i couldnt get around changing the rotation, can u explain me how to do that?

Its alright, i checked the post and i realised i actually made a error and it was probably why u read it wrong :slight_smile:

1 Like

Simply run the game with the motor6d’s C0 set its default, then just play around with the values until you like how it looks. Copy the updated C0, exit testing, and paste them into the motor6d.
If you can’t get a good rotation the only thing I can really recommend is just trying random values and adjusting them until they look good. It can take a while, but you’ll figure out which value rotates/moves the sword in which way (relative to the hand).

1 Like

Ohh i just got it working nicely, thanks! Sorry for the late answer btw it was late in my country

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.