Help on R15 animations

Sorry if I have posted it under the wrong category and also I am not a good animator or designer at all so this post maybe kind of lame but still I need a little help on animations…

So I am working on making gun animations for my third person shooter weapon system, but the issue I am facing is that I cant get the animations right on all the R15 avatars. Say for instance if I made an animation with help of the mesh rig (a.k.a robloxian 2.0), it totally sucks for the man rig… or if i made one using the boy rig, it doesn’t look good for the block rig and so on…

As said before I am a beginner when it animations and I don’t know how to get an animation right on all the avatar types.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance! :+1:

So yeah this is annoying, there’s not much you can do besides make a new animation for each rig.

Well I agree with you but I have seen a couple of roblox users with weird body types and combined rigs and also apart from those there are so many body types you can find on roblox catalog (and an animation made for one of those rthro bodies does not work well on the other in some cases) so which means that I have to make a lot of animations…

Also in some games I used to play like Madcity or Jailbreak which supports the player’s avatar choice have animations that works very well for all the rigs…

So how are these games doing it, any ideas?
(by the way thanks a lot for reading and replying… :smile:)

1 Like

Madcity/jailbreak uses a mix of animations and inverse kinematics. Another thing is that If I’m correct, as long as you rig the normal default rig correctly and animate with that, it should somewhat apply alright with other rig types. I haven’t had an issue with using one rig for another as of now.

Essentially, the rig changes joint positions to accomendate animations which ensures that it somewhat looks okay on most rigs.

1 Like

Yes, I think I should also implement inverse kinematics…

You may be correct on that but I am not good at animating so it’s kind of hard for me…