Help with Assets "Stealing"

Greetings, sorry that this might be in wrong Category but I have an problem. I was developing for one group and its being sold to someone I mean it was already sold. I said to my old Head of Development once I will leave I want my assets removed, now the new owner is refusing to remove them, I wanted to negotiate with him but he cutted them. Do I have the right to get my assets back even the Group was sold? Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor grammar.

According to the Roblox TOS, if you invite someone to team create or give someone access to your asset, the person that got the asset is allowed to keep and do anything with it.

Unless they stole it using exploits, there is no chance of getting the asset back.

1 Like

Even if they are using them without my permission?

If you gave someone an asset, you are passing your rights over the asset over to them. If they pass it on to someone else then they can as they own the rights to the asset.

If someone else has hold of the asset and got it through the means of a “Get” button or getting added to a team create they own the rights to the asset so you cannot revoke the permission.

If that makes sense?

1 Like

Yeah, thank you. Now it makes sense.

1 Like

I see what you mean there, but let’s say that I hired a scripter, and then when his job was over I saw my assets in another game he had been working on. Won’t this violate the TOS? I just hired him to work with the scripts and not with any building assets.

Note that this is an imaginary scenario, just so I can understand exactly how it works

According the the community guidelines, selling the group at all is against the rules.
Regardless, you still have full rights to your UGC. It’s your IP, so you have the right to ask for it to be taken down.

1 Like

You added them to the Team Create giving access to all the assets and models. This would not break TOS as you granted the access.

For hiring scripters or modelers I would suggest creating a map specifically for scripts/models to be made on and not doing it on the main map. This prevents them from gaining access to your assets and models.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply and advice! I really appreciate it. It’s always nice to learn new things!

1 Like

If they were added to the group as the owner without his permission, he did not in fact grant them permission.

1 Like

In addition to what posatta said exactly above me, I have to say that the part of the TOS you’re talking about is for free models, as far as I know, at least. I guess his stuff was not uploaded as a model with the Copying option being turned on. Btw, this could go to #help-and-feedback:game-design-support

It were my own scripted assets I made.

So, since it’s not a free model, I guess you can file a DMCA request, I guess or try contacting Roblox support at Support

1 Like

Yeah thank you, I already filled it but I wasn’t sure so.

Ok, this means you have to wait. You’ll have to wait more time due to the pandemic in order to receive an answer.

Indeed, thanks for the answer tho.

1 Like

Please follow the guidelines when posting: About the Scripting Support category