Help with GUI Scaling

Hey guys, I’m developing a GUI for my upcoming roleplay game. This GUI will only be for PC, as I haven’t allowed game access to mobile devices.

I’m planning on having some buttons, images, labels, etc. in the frame, and I know that I’ve experienced an issue in the past where when I use Scale, it sizes normally when the screen is resized, but when they have ImageLabels, TextLabels, and/or TextButtons, their sizes/positions change awkwardly and they just don’t look very good. My goal is to keep the Frames in the GUI neat, but I’m having trouble finding the best way to do so.

If anyone can tell me how this is possible, then that would be a massive help. Thank you!

Larger screen:
Screenshot_33
Smaller screen:
Screenshot_32

1 Like

Did you set only the scale when sizing it, cause if not its prob a sizing issue where you forgot to set the scale and used the offset?

1 Like

Yes. I’m not sure how Scale and Offset works when they’re used together, so I just used Scale.

1 Like

Can you check to make sure you used scale on the image?

1 Like

I didn’t use Scale on the image. I did try using it, but when I resized my screen, it ended up like this:

The ImageLabel is meant to be square.

Should I use Offset for the whole frame? It might be too big for smaller screens (e.g. laptops).

Thats where the aspect ratio constraint comes in it will keep the aspect ration of your square as you size it! Just insert the aspect ratio constraint into the image label and adjust the values accordingly and It will keep its shape and yes use scale.

1 Like

But then it makes the whole thing smaller when I resize my screen, and I don’t want that.

I don’t understand if your using scale and a aspect ratio constraint it should not mess up your sizing or shape

1 Like

Oops, forgot to test it in the Emulator. All good!

1 Like