Help with my datastore module

Hello, as a stupid 14 year old aspiring games programmer, I decided it would be a great idea to to try create a datastore module which blatantly rips off DataStore2. I’ve decided to give it the uncreative name of “SimpleStore”. This was created in order for me to learn how DataStore2 works and to broaden my understanding of how OOP works. When looking through my module, you’ll see that the code is… well, similar. The code written in my module is what I can understand from looking through the DataStore2 module.

While creating it, I encountered a very annoying issue while trying to implement Berezaa’s ordered datastore method. Everytime I try to obtain the most recent key, from ordered datastore, it seems to return a table, and not an integer value. Any help would be very much appreciated.

A copy of the place in which i am testing this in: reeeee.rbxl (20.4 KB)

I’m not completely sure, but i think that if it returns a table, your not specifying which item. Your supposed to do something like:
local stuff = {"Hello","Hola"}
print(stuff[2])

output:
Hola

That’s the problem through. Even though I am specifying index 1 of the current page, it still returns a table.

Bumping because I’m still insanely confused…