Help with portfolios

So i am wanting to get into building commisons and therfore need a portfolio, if anyone that has hired before would like to tell me what would be in a perfect portfolio it would realy help…

Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im not sure exactly although I have been hired. Something like mine I’d say will be good.
[The catagory I think is supposed to be help and feedback]

1 Like

My advice: Look over some portfolios and commissions in the past on the Developer Forums.

It is easy to look over some things in the past if you want to do the same, as I did with posting my first topic about my cool creations and support of my builds. I’ll provide some links on some examples of making a Portfolio and other things as well.

Links:

1. (OPEN) 2D Art Commissions! Anime, Semi-realism, etc
  2. [Portfolio]Lightphenexx's Portfolio| Builder
  3. Blaze'd Recruitment
2 Likes

Check out the #public-collaboration:public-portfolios I would consider building stuff for fun or look at sites and people’s builds for inspiration in order to start creating a portfolio It’s also a good idea to look at other users’ portfolios, maybe you could (visit different types of sites to get inspiration from like (Community server’s or here). I’d highly built in all varieties of styles it just comes down to what you’re most interested in.

And then you could put it in a portfolio that you can get commissions from. :slight_smile:

Here’s a topic, you could try checking out:

1 Like

Try listing any games you’ve worked on, commissions and how much experience you have.

1. Link any screenshots/videos/links of your work, you can also create a showcase of your builds on a game so it can be easier to look at.

2. if you’ve worked for any studios (big or small) list the jobs within it and what you did. As I mentioned, it’d be beneficial if you had any more screenshots.

3. How long you’ve been on Roblox and how much experience you’ve gathered while that time. If you work on Blender or just normal studio.

4. References if anyone can vouch for you to create a level of trust with future clients.

1 Like

Well, a good portfolio includes the following:

~Information of you and your work ethics
~Updated pictures of recent work
~Contact information
~Payment Method
~Organization!

I have no idea if this will help you at all, but here’s my portfolio if you want to give it a look over.

2 Likes

I’m not so sure about my response, but I think looking at the DevKings video on a portfolio might be able to help. Again, not sure, but I’ll send you it right here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFNKbE9kKoo&t=435s

1 Like

Portfolios are typically made so that people can learn more about you as a builder. As @loueque said, look over some other portfolios and see what they have in common.

I would also recommend posting images of your work or links to Roblox games that have your work in them. It could also help to tell people how much you generally charge and how quickly you work.

1 Like